Author Topic: Back to square 1 and stomped  (Read 4078 times)

Michael

• View Profile
    • Email
Back to square 1 and stomped
« on: 2010-12-19, 20:27:41 »
Hi All:

Well I added the Radio RRC portion of my remote rig to my HF station this weekend and after everything worked in a test environment on my LAN
in my apartment, I get absolutely nothing now that the units are separated. I can't even connect with HRD for rig control.
I'm wondering if my IP settings have to do with it but as for the HRD, don't know.
My router at the shack site is set to DMZ the Radio RRC.
This should open up the ports to that device but no go.
There are 2 IP settings for each unit and I'm really not sure on what ones to use. 
The 1ST ones, titled just IP, do they contain the internal LAN IP, beginning with 192?
While the external IPs contain the ISP assigned IP, in my case beginning with 173 or do I put the actual dyndns assigned domain name in there? 
Really stuck:

TNX & 73:

Michael De VO1RYN

Michael

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Back to square 1 and stomped
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-19, 22:18:40 »
Hi

as it says in the manual you should not enter anything in the "Extern IP/Host" box.'

If the router and DMZ works you should be able to browse the Radio-RRC from your Control QTH if you enter the external IP of your radio-QTH router (or the Dyndns hostname if you have setup your router or RRC to  update dyndns).

When that is OK , you should change the "SIP-contact" in your Control-RRC to the hostname you assigned for your radio-QTH,
then it will be able to connect to the Radio-RRC

73 de mike

dj4mz

• View Profile
Re: Back to square 1 and stomped
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-20, 09:04:55 »
Hi Michael,

Well I added the Radio RRC portion of my remote rig to my HF station this weekend and after everything worked in a test environment on my LAN
in my apartment, I get absolutely nothing now that the units are separated. I can't even connect with HRD for rig control.

maybe stupid question, but have you changed the IP of the Radio RRC to match the network at the shack site or are you still using the IP of your test environment?

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ