Author Topic: icom ic 7100 problem after change adsl "solved"  (Read 14702 times)

IK1MVX

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: icom ic 7100 problem after change adsl
« Reply #15 on: 2017-07-06, 11:46:54 »
Hi,
I'm having the same problem here.
I switched from a WISP connection (with IP static address) to a FTTC connection at radio side.
I can't connect anymore the radio, same error at control side: connection status faulty, connected transfering, RTP/UDP audio status: Stalled
At radio side seems OK (OK, connected/transferring).

The FTTC ISP declares that all ports are reachable, I have a dynamic public IP address, the remoterig ddns works well.
The web interface of radio side is working on port 81 and is reachable with no problem (of course I forwarded port 81 to radio control).
I tried to change ports, from 13000-13002 to 13003-13005 and then 65532-65534 but nothing changed (of course I changed and I opened the port on radio FTTC router).

Any idea? by my side no...

The only possible solution that pops out in my mind is to setup a PPTP Router to Router secure tunnel (something like this https://mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/3.0/vpn/pptp.php ) in order to use same radio side ip class at control side

thanks in advance

73 Andrea IK1MVX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2017-07-06, 12:37:07 »
Andrea,

Open up the new router and try the following:

- make sure that "SIP ALG" or equivalent is turned off
- if that didn't solve the problem, turn the router's firewall off to see if the problem is solved

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

IK1MVX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2017-07-06, 13:10:31 »
thanks Mich,
unfortunately there is no way to found something about SIP ALG... besides the firewall seems cannot be disable.. only security level "high" "medium" "low" (of course mine is already LOW)

the modem router is a Technicolor TG789vac v2: this is a customized modem/router and I cannot change it since the telephony part is embedded (voip) and not manageable by end user

73 Andrea.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2017-07-06, 13:33:02 »
Hi Andrea,

I have seen the problem in several countries where a router that is provided by the internet provider does not allow
a user to configure it to allow a successful communication for RemoteRig. If there is no way to change security settings
in the router and you can't replace it, then you just will not be able to use it for RemoteRig.

In your case, clearly the new router is blocking access. If you can't fix this, then your are screwed, sorry.

BTW, I just looked at the manual and it says that you can turn off the firewall. Maybe that is a different firmware?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

IK1MVX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: 2017-07-06, 13:46:19 »
Thanks Mitch,
probably the router you checked out is the original one... mine is customized by the operator, attached you can see a snapshot

any way to use a EoIP (ethernet over IP) by using two mikrotik routers? https://mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/3.0/vpn/eoip.php

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: 2017-07-06, 14:18:53 »
Andrea,

In general, a VPN may be able to solve your problem, assuming the router doesn't block it as well. There are a number
of methods to implement a VPN. You can search VPN above or on Google to find a solution that may meet your needs.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: 2017-07-06, 18:45:32 »
That ADSL router is very common in Sweden, it works with the software they use here, but I always recomend the users to ask the ISP to bridge it, so it works like a modem, and then use another router of a known brand instead

73 de mike

ik4vfd

• View Profile
Re: icom ic 7100 problem after change adsl "solved"
« Reply #22 on: 2017-07-08, 10:12:41 »
i have finally solved my problem
the modem gave to me by the fiber operator have a not - deactivable firewall system, and even at the lowest level troubles my remoterig ( often when the external ip is publlic)
i bought a new model which has the option to turn the firewall off, because of that it all works just fine
following the two types of modem...

old
SMART MODEM TECHNICOLOR AGCOMBO TG789vac v2 (AGTOT_1.0.4)

new
SMART MODEM PLUS TECHNICOLOR AG EVO DGA4130 (AGTEF_1.0.3)

rodolfo