Author Topic: RRC-1258MkIIs V7 with TM-V71A - Front panel will not turn on  (Read 3553 times)

N3AE

• View Profile
Just got a 1258MkIIs to use with a TM-V71A.  Assembled cables per page 196 & 197 of the manual and triple checked before power up.  The V71A would not power up when the ON button is pressed.   Further troubleshoot showed no 9vdc from the RemoteRig control unit to the V71A panel (TTL pin 2).  Measured on PWB itself at TTL connector.  Position of JMP-2 (8vdc vs 9vdc to panel) makes no difference.

The RR control & radio unit were attached by a run of CAT5.   No internet involved.

Put the front panel back on the V71A body and the V71A itself is fine.

Thoughts?   Control unit DOA out of the box?  Some stupid mistake?

tnx

N3AE

wb7ely

• View Profile
    • WB7ELY
    • Email
I do not think the RRCs will work when connected together via a CAT5 Cable. You must connect them with CAT5 cables through a router after setting each up with a unique IP address and other setup menu items from the owners manual.

De Dave WB7ELY
//Dave WB7ELY

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
If you do not get 8/9V from the connector I think you have not set the correct program mode. The 8/9V is switched and is only switched on in the modes when it should be. When using TM-V71 you should set program mode 5.

The RRC do not have to be connected trough routers and switches a cat5 cable is OK, but however the Ip-settings must be ok anyway.

73 de mike

N3AE

• View Profile
Thanks Mike.  I'll give that a try.  Did not realize the 8v is switched.

N3AE

N3AE

• View Profile
Well, setting Program Mode 5 did the trick.  That and setting a SIP password which seemed to be required before the units would talk to each other.   The Remote Rig pair worked just fine with the TM-V71A, either connected directly by a CAT5 cable or connected through my LAN.

Thanks for the help guys.

Shawn
N3AE

:)