Author Topic: Dynamic DNS support on RRC itself  (Read 5419 times)

Erik Finskas OH2LAK

• View Profile
    • Email
Dynamic DNS support on RRC itself
« on: 2009-05-14, 23:28:34 »
Would it be possible to have a dynamic DNS support on the RRC itself? That would be useful when using public dynamic addresses.

I'd vote for freely configurable parameters for the ddns update, so one could choose whatever ddns provider. I personally use dy.fi and it is very ham-oriented :)

Erik

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Dynamic DNS support on RRC itself
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-14, 23:33:31 »
Yes we are working on Integrated DynDns support. It will be released next week or the week after. It will be only Dyndns at least to start with. 73 de mike

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Dynamic DNS support on RRC itself
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-08, 22:46:09 »
Hi

DynDns is implemented since several month in the RRC.s and it works very well as far as I know.

73 de mike

Pexdeese73

Dynamic DNS support on RRC itself
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-16, 13:18:19 »
Not quite wget, but the Linode API does let you update your DNS resources, so it shouldnt be too hard to script an update process for your home machine.

Alternatively, for maximum flexibility one thing you could consider would be hosting the DNS zone master yourself on your Linode, and then have the Linode DNS configuration slave off of your Linode.  This gives you complete control over your zone and you can implement whatever dynamic update methods or features you want yourself, while retaining the redundancy and availability of the the Linode servers.

-- David