RR Client (1.9.2) w/1274A interface

- Matched RTP/UDP audio port to what's on the 1258
- Matched RTP/UDP command port to what's on the 1258
- RX jitter size= 4 (same as 1258)
- RX jitter delay = 3 (same as 1258)
- Packet Size = 20 (same as 1258)
- RRC COM 0 and 1 = inactive
- RRC COM 2 = 4- Kenwood, COM2

At this stage I make sure that the TS-480 control head is turned off (not active)

RR Client = Connect
Audio bar flashes GREEN every half second or so, RTP is green and RRC flashes red/green at the same rate as the audio bar.

Accessing the remote 1258 control port I see that Connection Status is "faulty". UDP command status (0) error (which seems right as HRD is not connected)

I start HRD (current and licensed). It's configured as follows:

- Company = Kenwood
- Radio = TS-480
- COM 2 at 9600 bps (as set in the radio and in COM 1 and COM 2 in the 1258) - Note that in the remote 1258 COM 0 is set to 57600. Now just for kicks I tried 57600 on COM 2 and COM 3.
- Flow control / Interface power = CTS unchecked, DTR unchecked, RTS checked (tried all OFF and different configurations)
- Fails w/HRD error message =  "Make sure your radio is switched ON and not in memory mode" <--Also failed reading frequency "0".

Seems like the radio doesn't turn ON.

What I have tried:

- In RR Client COM 0 and COM 1
- In HRD changed from COM 2 to COM 1, and even tried COM 3
- Confirmed that the Virtual COM ports installed with RR Client are OK

I must be missing something very basic here ... what would that be???

Normal setup: Pair of RR-1258 connected to my remote TS-480SAT
- Software   2.86
- Bootloader   1.10
- Compiler   4.6.2
- Build May 28 2015 11:12:06

RR-Client: Current (downloaded). I have the 1274A w/headset. It's recognized on the laptop.

Laptop: Windows 7 Pro x64 (up to date) <-- This is the laptop I use
Internet connection: FTTH (fiber) 1Gbps U/D - Via 802.11AC Wi-Fi I have ~400 Mbps U/D for all these tests

Operating the remote system using the TS-480 control head on my Windows 10 based ham radio computer is fine. It's been working great since day one.

As I will be on a multi-week \business trip and I want to be able to use the laptop + HRD + 1274A + Client to operate my remote station.

W4AFK:
UPDATE - Tried on a Lenovo Yoga laptop running in Windows 10 x64 and I have the same problem. Must be a configuration issue but I can't seem to figure it out.

sm2o:
Hi

have you connected the cat cable from RRC com2 to the radio ?

/mike

dj0qn:
I have a networking checklist available to wlk you through the process of getting a system working. I can't tell
from your posting where your problem is, but my checklist may help you solve your problems.

Drop me a short mail to dj0qn (at) darc.de if you want the checklist.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W4AFK:
Thanks. I'll send you an E-mail ...

So to summarize:

1. Home - Control-head --> 1258 --> router --> Gateway --> ONT (fiber interface) --> [WAN --> DynDNS] --> Cable modem --> 1258 --> works fine  8)

2. Home - RR Client software w/1274A (first version with sound chip) --> router --> Gateway --> ONT (fiber interface) --> [WAN --> DynDNS] --> Cable modem --> 1258 --> doesn't work.  :-\

3. Office - RR Client software w/1274A (first version with sound chip) --> switch --> modem --> [WAN --> DynDNS] --> Cable modem --> 1258 --> doesn't work.  :-\

Note that when I tried to use the RR Client I made sure that the two 1258 devices were not connected (TS-480 control head switched to off). However, I do NOT disconnect the base 1258 from the LAN nor do I see any reason to do so as both 1258 devices are not connected to each other. I do use DynDNS but I also tried the direct IP address just in case, and I had the same results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version