Author Topic: Power Light blinks slow - does not connect to wifi or wired connection  (Read 4507 times)

W4PGM

• View Profile
    • Email
My box was working fine until a few weeks ago when the power light started blinking slow and it no longer seems to connect to either a wireless or wired connection.  It sees the wireless connections but it never locks.   Suggestion on what to try please.

Paul -W4PGM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Paul,

If the system was working before and it all of a sudden stopped working, then something in the environment
is causing it. Double-check all cables, reboot the router and RRC, check power supplies, etc. The problem does
not lie on the RRC.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W4PGM

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for the reply.  Everything else works, Computers, printers, NAS,  just the Remote Rig is inop.     I have moved the location to another hub, directly connected it to the wireless router and even changed wireless within the house and it will not lock just blinks.    I have tried the hard reset and that did not fix the issue.

Paul - W4PGM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
What do you mean by "hard reset"? Did you first save the settings in a BIN file and reinstall them,
or did you manually reprogram the RRC? Doing a hard reset will otherwise cause the RRC to no
longer work at all.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

AE5OQ

• View Profile
I have a radio box that does the same. I think that lightning might have caused it. It just won't hook up to a router.

W4PGM

• View Profile
    • Email
Pushed the reset on the back of the box.   

W4PGM

• View Profile
    • Email
Here is the error

Failed getting HTTP server port!
Failed getting setup info: Failed opening the device:
Getting setup...
Failed getting setup info: Failed opening the device:
Getting setup...

This is what I have been getting since it stopped working even before hitting the reset.

Paul -W4PGM

W4PGM

• View Profile
    • Email
The other thing that is happening is that the Amber light on the mic jack is blinking continuously.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Pushing the button on the back will erase everything and it will for sure no longer work.

You need to reinstall the RRC.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W4PGM

• View Profile
    • Email
OK reloaded and now it finds the network.  It still will not turn on the radio.  I am leaning towards a bad cable from the head to the box.  The cable is quite pinched when it is in the back plate.  I'll make up a new cable and see what happens.

Paul -W4PGM