Author Topic: Remote Rig Repair  (Read 4693 times)

W4PGM

• View Profile
    • Email
Remote Rig Repair
« on: 2017-09-05, 16:26:49 »
I have tired everything that I can but the remote rig control unit will not connect to the base.  This is an existing configuration that just stopped working one day.  There have been not changes to the network, the port forwarding works but internally they units will not connect.  I plan to take the units offsite and see if they will connect remotely but I suspect that they will not.

I do see this error on the control Data Abort at 0x000541a8, called by 0x0004259c

So the question becomes how and where do I get service on the unit?

Paul -W4PGM
« Last Edit: 2017-09-05, 16:37:37 by W4PGM »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Remote Rig Repair
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-05, 17:24:33 »
Paul,

Did you change the SIP contact to the radio RRC's internal IP number before attempting a
connect in the same network?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W4PGM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-05, 17:32:59 »
Yes.  I may have found the issue.  It looks like there is a part that has released form the PCB.  I can put it on the bench and reflow the solder and see if that does the trick  Will let you know.  I would tell you what part but without a Lupe I cannot read the markings. 

Paul -W4PGM

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-06, 08:35:55 »
hi
If you can browse the units they are probably not broken. Other hardware problems besides lightning strikes which has destroyed the Ethernet or/and the power input is extremely rare. Service is available here in Sweden. Contact me my email before shipping.

73 de mike

IZ0JOJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-01-20, 15:51:22 »
Hello,
I 've same issues here.

He worked for 1 year. No problem.

Now the "system message" is:

Data Abort at 0x000541a8, called by 0x0004259c

What should I do / check on the motherboard of my RRC-1258 mk2?

thanks

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-01-20, 20:59:35 »
Data  abort DO NOT indicate any problem with the RCC. All RRC shows that sometimes. If you can browse them the IP interface works. Look at other things that may have changed.

73 de mike

IZ0JOJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-02-01, 00:39:39 »
thanks for your reply.

I still do not understand.
Nothing has changed. The only maybe has changed is here (remote side) where I changed the access point. I just updated the wifi password. that's it.

What I do not understand is why we have the same problem (myself and this other OM) and you suggested him to bring back to you the remote rig and indeed to me you suggest to simply check the connection.

Should maybe try to check the SIP number?

However, when I go to the ttls your wesbite to check if he solved the dynamic ip , yes it's working well.

So, I do not undersstnad where the problem is.
If you could help I will be grateful to you

best 73

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2018-02-01, 08:15:59 »
In general If you have changed something the you should look at the changed equipment for the trouble.  Check that SIP ALG is off for example. You talk about access point, if you have chaged it, try  to connect by cable instead first.

But if you can browse the RRC the RRC is OK, and it's a matter of settings somewhere.

/mike