RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration of Routers, Firewalls, etc

need help with Pace 5268ac router used with ATT Uverse internet service

<< < (2/2)

buddy spiegel:
thanks all

i just read on an ATT forum, a posting by an ATT employee that the Pace 5268ac router DOES NOT support the disabling of SIP ALG.  he suggested purchasing a router which supports the disabling of SIP ALG and placing the Pace 5268ac in the DMZ Plus zone.

does this sound feasible?  what would be a make/model router i should consider?

thanks much.

buddy, w3bs

oz1rh:
I am not familiar with UVerse, but Google gave me this: https://www.voipo.com/forums/showthread.php/2333-UVerse-and-SIP-ALG-setting-(Brandon) :
You don't need to disable SIP ALG with the newer U-verse firmware. I think that option moved to a device specific firewall setting - one of the application choices is "SIP gateway". I do NOT use that option and it works fine, when it definitely did NOT work with SIP ALG enabled on the earlier U-verse firmware.

You might check if this applies to your router and its firmware.

GL, Palle, OZ1RH.

buddy spiegel:
ATT PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!!

i had comcast xfinity installed, rrc boxes working within a short time.  will be cancelling ATT internet service henceforth.

i am using an ARRIS modem, and a Netgear wifi router.  easy to install and configure.

if you have ATT internet service using a PACE router - DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.  it will not work.

buddy
w3bs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version