Author Topic: Missing wifi card after fw upgrade  (Read 3472 times)

IW2DOY

• View Profile
Missing wifi card after fw upgrade
« on: 2017-09-11, 22:36:43 »
Hi, I'm helping a friend fixing an issue with his RRC1258 setup and wifi card.

The RRC1258 is connected to a Kenwood TS480 and all was working fine until we updated the ADSL link with a new fiber link .
In order to fix some problems with DDNS we upgraded both radio and control unit from fw 2.74 to the version 2.90.
Upgrade was completed successfully on radio and control RRC, I had only to reviewed some settings missing after the upgrade and the TS480 started to work again. All is fine except the wifi card in the control unit reported as "module not present" in the info web page and  can't be used.

Any idea how to fix that?
I'm wondering if uploading again the firmware could fix that issue or do I have to try with the latest one , 2.91? 
Any advice or suggestion will be very appreciated.

73 de IW2DOY - Edoardo

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Missing wifi card after fw upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-12, 07:58:19 »
Upgrading the firmware cannot destroy the Wifi card, but when upgrading so many versions in one step a reason can be that the parameters stored in the memory can be used in different ways, new parameters added etc. so I recommend to make a factory default reset, and then setup the parameters again

73 de mike

IW2DOY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-23, 23:19:12 »
Hi Mike,

thank you for your answer, unfortunately resetting the RRC to factory default do not fix the issue.
I'm still having the message "module not present" .
FYI the module is connected to a 10 pin P3 socket on the board, I don't know if this change something.

I'm wondering if the module has been damnaged by some reasons by the upgrade or is just broken for some other reasons.
How can I check if is connected correctly and how to test it ?
Any advice or suggestions are very welcome.
Edoardo - IW2DOY

IW2DOY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-30, 11:39:38 »
Hello,

nobody have suggestions how to fix the WIFI card issue ?
Mike SM2O suggested to do a factroy default reset but that does not fix the problem.
thank you and best 73 de IW2DOY Edoardo

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-09-30, 16:08:11 »
Not much to do, there is no relation between upgrading firmware and missing Wifi-card

You can move the wifi card to another RRC to find out if it's broken.

There is nothing that can be repaired on a Wifi-card so it's no use to send it if it's broken.

If it's working in another RRC it can be worth sending in the RRC

73 de mike