Author Topic: Control RRC in reboot loop  (Read 3369 times)

VE3FU

• View Profile
    • Email
Control RRC in reboot loop
« on: 2017-09-24, 06:03:39 »
I've just returned from what I thought was a successful trip to my remote station location.

When I returned home, I plugged the TS-480 control head into the Control RRC, plugged in the ethernet cable, and the +12V.  Now, the Control RRC seems to be stuck in a never ending reboot loop, rebooting exactly every 60 seconds.

I've tried unplugging the TS-480 control head. I've tried different CAT5  cables. I've tried different power supplies.  I've tried plugging directly into the ISP supplied DSL router / modem.

Any suggestions?

Chris VE3FU

oz1rh

• View Profile
Re: Control RRC in reboot loop
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-24, 11:41:52 »
Check Ping settings (watchdog) in your control RRC. If it is set to ping the wrong IP adr every 60 sec and to reboot after one try it will reboot every 60 sec.

73, Palle, OZ1RH.

VE3FU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-24, 14:44:07 »
Thanks for the suggestion Palle.  Unfortunately the "Ping settings (watchdog)" is only available in the Radio RRC.

Chris VE3FU

VE3FU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-25, 03:14:59 »
I tried reloading the previous configuration, with the same result.

I reset the control RRC to factory default then loaded the previous configuration, with the same result.

Only by turning off DHCP on the control RRC and assigning it a fixed IP address was I able to get it out of the reboot loop.

Chris VE3FU

oz1rh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-09-25, 15:00:37 »
Sorry for wrong guess Chris, I should have remembered "Ping settings (watchdog)" is only available in the Radio RRC, but I didn't think longer than that simple solution for a radio RRC.

>Only by turning off DHCP on the control RRC and assigning it a fixed IP address was I able to get it out of the reboot loop
Could the DCHP server (likely your router) have been assigning wrong IP setup to your RRC? In that case reboot of the DCHP server (=your router) might have helped.

I often have a fixed IP adr in my control RRC which requires me to change its IP adr, mask, gateway and DNS whenever I set my control RRC up on a new network. But then I know where to find my control RRC without using Microbit Setup manager.

73, Palle, OZ1RH.