Author Topic: LCD Refresh on K3 / K3/0-Mini config  (Read 2740 times)

NY4I

• View Profile
    • Email
LCD Refresh on K3 / K3/0-Mini config
« on: 2017-10-04, 18:26:42 »
Hello, I searched but could not find anything. I have audio passing between the two RR devices between a K3 and a K3/0 Mini just fine. I have noticed that if I go into the K3 menu system (while connected so the Radio side menu) that the LCD lags far behind with many artifacts on the control LCD. Various LEDs light as well as many different items on the display. According to the RR devices, the connection is excellent. Does anyone have an idea what would cause this to happen?

Thanks,

Tom NY4I

NY4I

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LCD Refresh on K3 / K3/0-Mini config
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-08, 16:12:10 »
Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on what I might check. My connection is fine for audio so I do not believe it is related to the network speed.

NY4I

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-16, 16:59:10 »
Since I assume no one else has seen this issue, is there a better support channel to open a ticket with RemoteRig than this forum?

Thanks

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-10-16, 18:46:18 »
Hi
The command channel (cmd port) is different from the audio channel (audio port), so there is a chance that a router handle the ports different. But more likely it's a cabling issue. I heard one user who had a bad gender changer for the com port. After replacing it all was OK. There is no software setting or strapping inside the RRCs which has any relation with this communication so you have to look outside.

73 de mike