RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

NANO APP ANDROID FOR KENWOOD

(1/2) > >>

LA4ESA:
Just installed the nano app for Kenwood, to my TS590S and bought the license, it is up going.
But it is not possible to change band or use the VFO properly.
The freq. is not appearing, but if i "click" the freq area and write the freq in the new window after the "click"
But, the freq is not "following" when i turn the VFO.
Anyone having some ideas for how to solve this??

dj0qn:
Did you install CAT? It won't work without it.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

LA4ESA:
Hi.
Sorry, wrong answer. Yes, i have installed tha CAT cable. APP is doing nice on RX/TX, but the  freq, i have to put it in by my self in the freq area. It does not appear when i "connect" the system. And, band changing is not working. But no problem having QSO.
And ofcourse i could accept it like this, but there is something wrong because thoose two details is "out of function" so to speak.
The internet quality at radio end is quit good, download/upload have variations, but normaly like this: down appr. 5-7 and up appr. 3-4 Mbps.
The internet speed through my android phone while i tested the system, was download appr. 3Mbps and upload appr. 1Mbps
I don't think the problem is the quality on the internet system.

:-\

dj0qn:
The audio comes over SIP, so no CAT connection is needed. Your problem is clearly a problem with
Nano reading the CAT data. Check settings, such as baud rate and if COM2 is being used. It is a settings
problem if otherwise CAT is working.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

LA4ESA:
Thanks for reply.
COM 2 are beeing used. The settings are as follows:

COM2 mode: mode-4, Kenwood, Yaesu, Elecraft
COM baudrate: 9600
COM2 data bits: 8
COM 2 stop bits: 1
COM2 parity: 0-off
COM2 terminator: 00

COM baudrate in radio are also : 9600