Author Topic: digital modes FT8, JT9, JT65 Kenwood TS 2000, RigBlaster Plug and Play  (Read 7511 times)

n7mj

• View Profile
Probably a dumb question! Can anyone help me with the setup for WSJT-X digital modes remotely with the Kenwood TS 2000 and RC 2000 remote head?

Jack N7MJ

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
To use any digital mode remotely (including AFSK, not FSK), just connect your sound card interface
as you would on the radio: the audio input comes off of the RRC's SP jack and the audio input goes
to the AUX/MIC jack on the front of the RRC.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

k6ufo

• View Profile
    • Email
I operate WSJT-X (FT8) through a K3/0-Mini and RemoteRig RRC-1258MkIIs to stations on RemoteHamRadio.com  Issues I have noted are that WSJT-X CAT control works poorly (or not at all) through the virtual serial ports created for the RRC. I use manually tuning outside of WSJT-X and set the WSJT-X band/freq pulldown to the proper band so logging is correct.  Also, unless you have a PTT signal no MIC audio is passed through the RRC. You can configure a serial port to provide a PTT, or I use a SignaLink USB interface which has a VOX function which creates a PTT signal from the audio. I connect the SignaLink PTT output to the PTT input on the K3/0-Mini and it works fine to key the radio and let Mic audio through. Good luck, K6UFO Mark