Author Topic: Can not connect-device manager shows no virtual ports installed  (Read 4525 times)

KZ5D

• View Profile
    • Email
I cannot connect the K3/0 to remote K-3 over my LAN. Device manager shows NO serial ports installed. Both RRC units have been setup correctly and are showing connectivity to the router.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
You must first install the Microbit Setup Manager to get the drivers installed.

However, the connection to the remote has nothing to do with virtual serial ports. It uses SIP
over the network.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

KZ5D

• View Profile
    • Email
Mitch, as always, you are a brilliant resource. The issue has been corrected. I used the router's IP at first. Once I entered the correct IP in the SIP, connected as expected. Thank you so much!

Art KZ5D

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Glad to hear it, Art.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

K5OA

• View Profile
    • Email
I am having a problem after a few years without a hitch.   I can see four Com ports set up by the 1258 as 4-5-6-7 and always port com 4 was the main one I used to interface to N1mm and HRD and Win4K3 etc. but not they like com 5 and there is no ComExtra for Rtty.  I have redone many times now with any help. I have a Winkey using Com3 and did not change. This is on the K3 Mini end.
I have gone back to ASFK for now but it anyone has an answer for the missing ComExtra It was com2 once as I can see that in my N1MM config for Digi mode. On the Radio end it is Com 10 and working fine if local at site.

The Microbit does not show the 45RTTY as a section point in the I/O section like I see notes on from others. Running version 007 firmware 2.86  Like this since 2015-05-28 was uploaded to 1258

Thanks one and all!  Happy Holidays

« Last Edit: 2017-11-21, 01:40:18 by K5OA »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
COM3 is the same as COMEXTRA. Did you try using COM3?

If that doesn't work, you should just make a clean reinstall by first removing the existing driver and then
using Microbit Setuo Manager to reinstall them. Reboot first after removing the old drivers. Also make sure
that your RRC's have the newest firmware in case you are using an old version.

The following explains how to remove the old driver:
http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=3200

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

K5OA

• View Profile
    • Email
I'll give this a try, the com3 is my Winkeyer and is working ok.
thanks for the troubleshooting utility.

73, Russ

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Russ,

That explains your problem. You must toggle COM3 in the RRC between Winkey and FSK.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

K5OA

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks, Mitch a lot, got the new Microbit setup manager on both ends loaded and upgraded the firmware to 2.90 so got the Comextra now as Com 4 and visible.  Working out now the MMTTY is working to do PTT but only steady tone out of the radio but see the good RY on the MMTTY scope.

Thanks for the help I am on my way now back to good!!

73 and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Russ K5OA