Author Topic: RRC Control unit not found using Microbit Setup Manager  (Read 2871 times)

KZ5D

• View Profile
    • Email
Got both units communicating and operating as expected with K-3 Twins on home LAN. Now that I'm away and attempting to connect, I am unable to connect. So I tried connecting the Control unit directly to my pc. When I open Microbit Setup, the message is "device disconnected." Tried selecting Net Info/Find.Message does show the device with the IP I have set for it, with the statement after it "Not reachable." I can select "config" but it shows settings that I did not setup. So I enter the IP, Gateway, DNS and hit SAVE. Then I reboot as directed, and once3 again the same message appears showing the device with IP I set but NOT REACHABLE. But, the new settings do not end up being saved when I click on the config tab to check.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC Control unit not found using Microbit Setup Manager
« Reply #1 on: 2017-11-22, 22:14:55 »
Did you forward the ports correctly? Are you using the DynamicDNS address in the SIP contact field?

If you didn't already ask me, I can send you my networking checklist that walks you through the process
of getting things working. Just drop me a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send it to you.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

KZ5D

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-11-22, 23:12:28 »
Mitch, please send the checklist. But what is the dynamic DNS address? I'm using the  DNS address found on my home (remote site) computer.

Thanks.

Art

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-11-23, 02:54:30 »
E-mail sent.