Author Topic: RCC Radio box losses Web server  (Read 3373 times)

W4HI

• View Profile
    • Email
RCC Radio box losses Web server
« on: 2017-12-28, 19:04:15 »
Hello,
Just purchased RRC-1258 MkII system for IC 7100.

Followed manual and programmed both Radio box and Control box with IC 7100 Control module inside. Version 2.91 in both units. Using Wired Ethernet while on LAN for testing, and diagnosing issues or using RR Wi-Fi for control and wired Ethernet for WAN operation system functions. Also have RR 1332 CI-V installed on Radio box. System is using manual suggested setting for IC-7100 operation.

Using Ethernet switch in shack to Comcast router/modem a distance away, which is providing Static WAN IP and DHCP for Control box.
My issue is system works well for a randomly time both on LAN (Radio & Control) or WAN operation. Suddenly IC-7100 display freezes and then shuts off. If I go to a PC on the LAN I can’t reach the Radio Box static IP LAN address (10.0.0.226).  If I Ping it comes back unreachable. IF I press on/off switch on IC-7100 Display it doesn’t turn back on.

To resolve issue, have to reboot Radio box and control box, then it is allowing turning on IC-7100 display and can go to PC on LAN see Webserver page for Radio box.

Thanks for your advice W4HI Bruce

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RCC Radio box losses Web server
« Reply #1 on: 2017-12-29, 02:57:01 »
Bruce,

This is a tough one to figure out. It could however by the router messing things up. Make sure that
SIP ALG is turned off in the router and make sure that you are not using port 5060 for SIP. Otherwise,
you may try out different ports to make sure that there is nothing conflicting, which is what it sounds like.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W4HI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-12-29, 03:43:19 »
Thanks for the reply, I will check that out. W4HI Bruce

W4HI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-12-29, 15:05:25 »

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Couple of things, I was using the WAN Static IP address on Control box for Radio box connection, changed it to the LAN Static IP on Radio Box seemed to improve. I know once I go Remote with control box will have to change it back.

Also found using the WAN DNS 75.75.75.75 instead of the Comcast router DNS of 10.0.0.1 it works more reliable??

Even when I can reach the Radio box with the Webserver, still cant ping the Radio Box that is odd?

Leaving on a trip for two weeks, set a timer to reboot Radio three times a day for now.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-12-29, 16:55:07 »
It may have helped had you first received my networking checklist before starting, but it looks like
you are on your way. Using the internal IP address within your LAN is the proper procedure, since
some routers don't work properly when you "loop back" to the WAN IP address.

I use the Google DNS servers instead of Comcast (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). I only use DHCP and then
fix (bind) the internal IP number within the router. Some routers do not route properly or even allow port
forwards unless they provided the IP address. You will likely need to switch the control RRC to DHCP
anyway once you take it outside of the network.

Many routers and devices block the ICMP packets used for ping.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX