Author Topic: TS480 control head not on Aux/Mic yellow on  (Read 8617 times)

tomkf0kr

• View Profile
    • Email
TS480 control head not on Aux/Mic yellow on
« on: 2011-01-08, 03:09:05 »
Hello,
I have checked the jumpers on the control and the radio along with the red jumpers, and all are correct. The yellow light is on all the time and if I check the 227 and the 228 status it show connected and show the radio is on. The control head is not coming on. I have 13.4 volts with the control cover off and on. The fir ware is 2.28.
I am at a loss now.

Tom KF0KR

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: TS480 control head not on Aux/Mic yellow on
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-08, 11:07:10 »
Hi

If you running both units in the same LAN and the radio starts when you push power on button at the control panel but the display doesn't light up it can only be one problem. The control cables. The data signal from radio to control panel is missing. It has nothing to do with the jumpers they are only for the mic signal and the setting are OK if the radio starts.
So check the two control cables again. Remove the mic and mic cable in both units until you have it work.

73 de mike

tomkf0kr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-08, 20:28:09 »
Hello,
No, the radio and the control head are on differant LAN.(away at differant location)  I have brought the radio and the control head to the same location, and works good using the same cables as I would remotely (not using the same LAN to connect them,but as mobile station would use)
A side note the remote control head is on Hughes system, but this should not be the problem since they are connected and tranfering data. 
Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks, Tom KF0KR

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-09, 11:33:18 »
Hi

then it's a router issue. Have you setup portforwarding ok ?. SIP ALG off ? IF ip-telephony is used change sip port from 5060 to something else. Also check that you have the latest firmware in your routers. There are lot of routers with bad firmware out there, but when upgrading to their latest software the problems are often fixed.

73 de mike

tomkf0kr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-09, 15:22:05 »
Hello,
I still a little lost sorry. If the two rig remote are "connected/transfering" I would say the router on both ends are ok.
I have copy the stauts on the control head, once I push the on button. This status will stay this way as long as there is power and I know to update the status for updats. I hope this helps.

Tom

Name Value
Control panel ON
Radio ON
SIP status Connected/transfering
Last SIP error None
RTP Timeout 0
SIP Timeout 0
Rx Jitter buffer size 4
Rx Jitter delay 3
Current audio packet size 20
Current audio quality 2 - Linear 16 bits 8 kHz
SIP Out port 5060
SIP In port 5060
Audio Out port 11000
Audio In port 11000
Command Out port 12000
Command In port 12000
External SIP In port 5060
External Audio In port 11000
External Cmd In port 12000
Other party 76.2.190.83
Input 0 High
Input 1 High
Input 2 High
Output 0 High
Output 1 Low
Output 2 Low
DNS status OK, remoterig.com = 193.202.110.185

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2011-01-09, 16:41:53 »
yes

but if you get connection port 5060 is probably working, but if you do not get any display info then command data on port 12000 is not comming through the routers. If you don't have audio either, it's the same problem with port 11000.

try from an other place or with an other router

73 de

tomkf0kr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2011-01-11, 22:35:11 »
I have the router wide open, as far as I think, using DMZ.

The problem might lie with the satellite connection on one of the ends.
I cannot get it to connect using the satellite connection as the "host", but it does connect using the satellite connection as the "client". Still not working fully of course, but I made sure all the ports were open, no firewall, etc.

Hughesnet says the ports are open on their end and not blocking any.

I have no way to test this, as satellite is the only internet connection available at one of the locations.

This is as far as I have gotten it to working yet, at least saying connected and transfereing. Is there no way to check the log files, if there are any?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2011-01-12, 08:14:58 »
What does the Status page show? Especially "SIP timeout" and "RTP Timeout". Check the page just after making a connection, and then reload it with a few seconds apart and see if it changes in any way.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

tomkf0kr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2011-01-16, 01:20:19 »
Ok tried it again today.

The timeouts stay at 0 all the time:

RTP Timeout 0
SIP Timeout 0

And it acts like its connected, just the control head of the radio will not power up.  I wish there was some way to debug, maybe there is and I just don't know.

All the ports should be open, and I even tried changing ports on both boxes with the same issue.  Before the radio would beep if there was no connection, but just nothing happens now.  The amber light on the remoterig "aux" stays on, not sure what that means.  I have checked all the wiring, etc just can't seem to find the issue.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2011-01-16, 07:01:04 »
If RTP Timeout stays 0 even when you get Connected/transferring then the RTP/audio data isn't getting through. "Connected/transferring" really just refers to the SIP connection as such, not RTP nor command data channel. RTP timeout should be around 60 if the audio is streaming OK.

Might help further if you could give us the settings of both units? ("Export settings"(HTML))

tomkf0kr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2011-02-13, 02:08:43 »
Still having trouble with Hughesnet, it works perfect on a friends internet i've tried but not on huesnet.

Here are the logs, I can't figure out what is wrong.
It looks connected, but no audio or radio control on remote site.

Here is the Radio export and log:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3267646/radio.txt
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3267646/RRCsettingsRADO.html

Here is the Remote export and log:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3267646/remote.txt
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3267646/RRCsettingsREMOTE.html

I took the remote box to a friends and hooked it up and radio worked perfectly.
Hugesnet says the satellite router is wide open, which should not matter because its on the sending end not the "server" end.
Router is wide open for ports on both ends to test.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2011-02-13, 06:29:06 »
It still looks like audio/RTP isn't coming through somehow. Both sides say "rtp enable" using the right ports, but get rtp timeout which means the audio packets are missing.

Still you say that your radio side worked ok when you took the remote unit to a friend's place and hooked up from there. That makes both units working ok as such and seems to leave only your remote side network being the root of the problem. Have you tried using some other number for "UDP audio port"?
« Last Edit: 2011-02-14, 08:27:57 by Jan (Microbit) »

tomkf0kr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2011-02-18, 17:31:09 »
Yes I have, which is weird.

I know its a hugesnet problem because without touching any of the settings, the "server" side works which is on DSL, but when i connect from the client side on my hugesnet it will not connect, but on a friends DSL it works.

They say they are blocking no ports, etc etc.
Any suggestions?

LB9GE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-02-19, 13:06:14 »
Hi. Try to change the SIP from 5060 to 5061. Remember to correct this in both RRC's and eventually your remote firewall.

LB9GE