RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

SIP Out, Audio Out, and Command Out Ports Change on their own

<< < (2/7) > >>

VA6OK:
Oh.  That is news to me with the SIP contact..... I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.  I have updated the info in the new control RRC and it finds the proper radio RRC.  I still have the same problem though.  The SIP lights come on on each RRC, the web config status page for both the radio and control rrc both show that they are connected and transferring data, yet the radio head does not come on, no audio comes out, etc.... It is as if they are not connected, yet according to the status pages all looks normal.... with the exception of the random port numbers that show up on the radio rrc status page, as stated earlier. 

VA6OK:
Strangely enough, it has worked a couple of times.  It has powered up and all seemed normal.  Then once I power it off, it will not connect again.  I think 3 times out of about 50 tries, it has worked. 

Is is necessary to use a separate Telnet Port for other RRC's on one IP address, or can they both use Port 23?  I have tried it both ways and neither seemed to make any improvement.

VA6OK:
Hmmm.   Very odd.  As I work on things here, I just had it start up and work 100%.  I tuned off the radio.  Turned it back on and all was still good.  Turned it off again and then it would not turn on again.  It is back to having a SIP connection, but nothing else.  The odd thing is that no settings changed in between when it worked and when it didn't. 

dj0qn:
Sounds like a port conflict. What is the error message on the status page? I think you need to change at least
one of the port numbers you assigned to make it work. That would also explain the intermittent working.

Telnet is never used during normal operation, it is only there for debugging. I never recommend to even
forward it, since there is no need to and it causes security issues. Don't bother changing it from port 23, but
just don't forward it.

The SIP contact was just a tip from me; no need to make things more complicated than they have to be.

I would look into the port conflict possibility as your next step.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VA6OK:
Good Morning.  Yes, I was thinking that would be a good next step.  I will try that when I get home. Thanks and 73.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version