Author Topic: Connection failure  (Read 7408 times)

f1tmy

• View Profile
Connection failure
« on: 2011-01-11, 12:15:43 »
Hello,

First I wish you an happy new year to you and your family.

I bought 3 unit of your Remote Units. The configuration is the same for all :
-   Remote site connection wifi (ping < 4ms)
-   One unit for the TS480 sat
-   One for the ic 910H
-   One for a SDR receiver

I have a problem with the unit connected to the ic910H. I have very short  disconnections (then sending or listening); the unit at home send a beep (like the first connection is on). The frequence is variable….

The two others units do not have the same problem. The versions on the 3 unit is the same 2.30
I don’t know what to do ..... Hope you have an idea.
73''

f1tmy

• View Profile
Re: Connection failure
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-11, 12:19:59 »
Today i found something new: on the control side just before the disconnection RTP timeout fall from 60 to 29... I don't know what it means...

dj4mz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-11, 13:16:23 »
Hi,

sounds very familiar to me. See http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=532.0.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-11, 14:08:28 »
Hello,

First I wish you an happy new year to you and your family.

I bought 3 unit of your Remote Units. The configuration is the same for all :
-   Remote site connection wifi (ping < 4ms)
-   One unit for the TS480 sat
-   One for the ic 910H
-   One for a SDR receiver

I have a problem with the unit connected to the ic910H. I have very short  disconnections (then sending or listening); the unit at home send a beep (like the first connection is on). The frequence is variable….

The two others units do not have the same problem. The versions on the 3 unit is the same 2.30
I don’t know what to do ..... Hope you have an idea.
73''
This is indeed a strange phenomena! Especially what you say about 2 of 3 working ok with the same program version. Do all 3 have the same hardware version?

Could you export the settings from all 3 and provide us with them too?

For you Simon the very old version you use works ok, but not 2.3x. Would really help us if we knew from which version this behaviour started. We haven't been able to reproduce this ourselves.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

f1tmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-11, 14:48:43 »
Hello Jan,

I have two hardware version (4 & 5). The unit witch "fail" is one of the two version 4 I have.
The problem is new 4-5 month. I send you the setting via private mel.
73''

dj4mz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-01-11, 19:32:11 »
Hi Jan,

For you Simon the very old version you use works ok, but not 2.3x. Would really help us if we knew from which version this behaviour started. We haven't been able to reproduce this ourselves.

yes V2.06 works fine, V2.30 does not. As I have updated directly from V2.06 to V2.30 I can not say anything about when this problem started, sri.

If this info is useful for you, I also have hardware 4!

In this thread here http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=483.15 I mentioned that after upgrading to V2.30 I also had to increase the "Lf delay ms" parameter to get rid of echos caused by the transceivers sidetone. Is there a chance that these two "problems" are somehow related? Maybe this helps to narrow down the root cause.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2011-01-12, 20:32:05 »
Hi

Try to switch the boxes to find out if it follows the hardware or the installation around it

73 de mike

f1tmy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-01-13, 08:23:58 »
Hi Mike,

I change the control unit. I replace an harware 4 by an hardware 5 but the no change occur.
I made some ping-t test and i haven't any connection failure (ping average is 2ms) when the audio stop.
Today i will change the radio unit (hardware 4 replaced by the hardware 5).

73''

f1tmy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-01-13, 14:07:34 »
the problem is on the two way. When transmitting over om says a have interruption of PTT (noticeable on FM and digimode).

f1tmy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-01-15, 16:15:59 »
Today I change the radio unit (hardware 4) by an over (hardware 5) who works ok.
I detect a situation wich cause RTP timeout falling from 60 to 40 it's after rebooting the control unit while the control units is connecting the radio unit.

I'll wait the 2 days and says if the "connection failure" disapear.