RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration of Routers, Firewalls, etc

RRC Connectivity Problem

<< < (3/3)

w9ac:
Mitch/Nizar,

I have a feeling that since a connection to the remote site does periodically work, that the LAN side of the setup is OK.  If he can get Admin access to the router should he try port-forwarding the same three ports (i.e., 13000, 13001, 13002)? 

Since we don't get to choose the internet path, possibly one or more paths in Mexico are blocking SIP data while another path is passing it.  If that's the case, how difficult is it to set up a VPN with the RRC device.  I am experienced with SoftEther VPN but I only have it working with my iOS devices -- and it was a nightmare to set up.

Looks like the easiest path is with two VPN enabled routers.  Unfortunately, our basic VZW 4G/LTE router does not include VPN.  That would require us to set up a new router at the remote site with the VZW router set to bridge mode.  The basic router works well when roaming in the U.S, so I really don't want to go there especially since each router on the other end of the link will need similar VPN capabilities -- just not worth it for short operating. 

Paul, W9AC

dj0qn:
Paul,

Using VPN with an RRC is somewhat difficult to use when traveling to a hotel. There are ways
to get it working, but some normal users may struggle to get it working. It may or may not
solve this issue in the future for this type of problem.

I doubt that it is blocked somewhere in the internet. If blocked anywhere, it is in that hotel's
router or their ISP. That is correct about having them forward those ports (UDP) in their
router.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

w9ac:
Mitch, many thanks for confirming.

Paul, W9AC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version