RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

Remote Rig in the USA?

(1/1)

K8TB:
   Is there anyone out there in the USA who has acquired a pair of the RemoteRigs? Please let me know, I have a few questions I would like to ask.

vy 73 de tom K8TB

kb0r:
I just found out about RemoteRig, and as you asked:
   Any users in the states?
   A dealer in the states?
   Or how much is shipping to the states?

Larry  KB0R

SM6WCQ:
Hi guys!

Mike has a list of reference installations at www.remoterig.com
Take a look at http://www.remoterig.com/en/references.htm
At least the conclusion can be drawn that a number if systems have been sold to the U.S...

If you're hesitant whether to buy the RemoteRig boxes; don't be! It's a wonderful product!
I'm using it with my FT-857. It does not work with the FT-857 front panel at the control side (due to yaesu implentation of communication between front panel and radio), but I use it with HRD and have the mic/speaker in my hand. It works like a charm. The delay is so small that I dont have to worry about holding the PTT for an extra couple of seconds or so. It really works as if I were in the schack.

Perhaps it sounds like I'm getting payd to say this, but I don't. I'm just glad that I can work HF/VHF/UHF despite the fact that I live in a small town with a lot of shortwave noise and almoust sorrounded by mountains...

But as usual: do your own homework and decide if you like it or not. Surf around the website, very good information to be found there. I don't think that there are any dealers in the U.S. yet, but I found this on the website http://lab.microbit.se/webshop.int/ (linked from remoterig.com and is only about the RemoteRig product):
"Freigth costs will be added to the price : USD 35"

Good luck!

/Markus -SM6WCQ

k6biv:
Hello All:

I just ordered this product for a remote base that is planned for one of our mountain tops. Looking for a new rig and I am considering TS-480. I may wait until Dayton to see if any new equipment, with a remote head, are introduced. If anyone has any experience with the Kenwood, good or bad please let me know.

I have "fix" (static) IP that I am feeding to the hill with Tranzeo 5.8Gig stuff.

I run a full D-Star Stack (K6MDD) on the mountain also, which was installed July 1, 2006.

Thanks & 73'

Tim
K6BIV

sm2o:
Hi

The most experienced Remoterig user in the US might be Rick  K6VVA who uses a pair together with a pair of TS480 for his remote SO2R station. Im sure he will answer ev. questions.

73 de mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version