Author Topic: Configuration problems - L32 / FTdx3000  (Read 6089 times)

G3VAO

• View Profile
Configuration problems - L32 / FTdx3000
« on: 2018-02-08, 16:44:10 »
I have been attempting to set up a remote facility using my FT3000 / Remote Rig Hardware and Logger 32.      At the moment I have all the kit in my shack connected via an ethernet hub.  I have got the TX and Rx audio paths working and can key the Tx from the remote position, but (using L32) I am unable to control the radio from the remote location.   Has anyone got experience of this combination who can offer some advice. 
My PC and networking knowledge is fairly limited so replies in simple English would be appreciated!  I will be repeating this request for help on the L32, FTdx3000 and Remote Rig groups as I have been unable to identify the most likely problem area.

Mike G3VAO

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Configuration problems - L32 / FTdx3000
« Reply #1 on: 2018-02-08, 19:06:55 »
Mike,

Did you connect a serial cable between the rig's CAT port and COM2 of the RRC and enable the port?
That's all you need to do to get CAT to work.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

G3VAO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-02-09, 10:05:31 »
Mitch

Thanks for the response. Yes all cables are connected as per manual (and rechecked at least 3 times! ;)  ).  Using the Mic PTT conected to the control RRC I can key the TX and the TX transmits the audio (I have only tested on SSB so far).  Also (on the speaker) at the control RRC I get the received audio from the radio.   That says to me that the linking between the radio via the Radio RRC and the Control RRC is working ok. What I am not able to do is to use any of the facilities in L32 ie change the Radio Freq / Mode when I connect the PC to the control RRC.  Today I hope to find time to check the Yeasu CAT drivers, (probably will do a reload of them from the Yaesu site) and see if that makes any difference.   

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-02-09, 15:48:57 »
Mike,

Both audio and PTT are not using the CAT cable. CAT only transports the control signals for the rig and
nothing more. I therefore suspect that you have a problem with that cable and need to recheck it.

I am also not 100% is the FT-3000 is even supported by RemoteRig. That may be your problem as well.

Make sure that:

- The serial cable between the rig's CAT port connected to the RRC's COM2 port is a straight through cable and
not null-modem (i.e. pins 2&3 are not crossed)
- Make sure that the rig's CAT is set to the same baud rate and the RRC's COM2
- Make sure that both RRC's COM2 are set to the same baud rate and match what is et in the rig
- The CAT control software should also match the same baud rate as the two RRC's and the rig

Again, the problem may be that your rig is not compatible. I know they support the old protocol (FT-5000, 2000, 950, 450, etc.),
but am not sure about the 3000.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

G3VAO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-02-09, 17:41:25 »
Thanks Mitch
I think I understand the situation a bit better know.  I am away for most of the weekend so will not get to play radio until next week now, unless I get time off by the XYL!

You have given me a line to take so thanks for that and I will let you know how it goes - I think I will attempt to confirm that the FT3000 is compatible before I start the next session.  No point in trying to solve a problem that has no solution ! ;) !

Mike
G3VAO

G3VAO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-02-13, 17:41:28 »
Mitch
Many Thanks for the guidance - I have had a strange couple of days!  I took the serial cables off both the RRCs and tested them all were serviceable! so I put them back and got the same result only this time in addition I could not get into the Radio RRC.  I have a number of serial devices around the house / shack so I collected the spares and replaced the new ones with others. Eventually I got the RRCs to connect and work as I expected. I retested all the spares and found nothing wrong so I put the originals back on and it worked.  I have disconnected and re-connected them about 10 times during today and they still work fine. So I now have a working system and no idea what the problem was caused by.

I did ask if anyone knew if the 3000 was compatible with the RRC but got no replies but I guess from the above results that it is compatible!

Many thanks for the guidance and suggestions it certainly helped me work my way through the problem.

Mike
G3VAO

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-02-13, 20:44:58 »
Glad you got the problem solved (somehow), Mike. These things happen all the time  ;)

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX