RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

Audio TX, what is the wrong config in my setup?

<< < (2/2)

DM5SB:
Dear Mitch, thanks for the reply.

I checked the red straps: everything very tight, good electrical connection.
Separate power supplies: yes

After that, I decided to test it with the TS480. I changed the configuration in hardware and software (not the Network). Meanwhile, I drove countless times back and forth. But it was successful. The problem does not occur with the TS480. RX and TX audio are very good.  :D

So far I have not found out the reason why there were problems with the IC706. At the moment I do not have the time to test it. I am glad that it works at all.

I noticed that within the SSB bandwidth NF gives harmonics. This is not nice at digimode. I reduced the volume from the PC to almost 0. Reduced mic gain. Also, the voice processor was disabled. No noticeable improvement. Could this be a problem in the audio codex? Does anyone have experiences?
At next I will check the audio volume at the radio site.

Many thanks for the support

dj0qn:
Stefan,

You should for sure try different CODECs. There was another thread on here recently that mentioned that
problem and it was solved by changing the CODEC.

If you have any further questions, just let me know. I can be contacted directly at dj0qn (at) darc.de
(die Sprache ist egal).

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

DM5SB:
Hi Mitch thanks for the help.

The TX audio harmonics, measured in the SSB RF signal, are 20dB lower than desired signal by using audio CODEC 1

With CODEC 2 the harmonics are 39dB lower than desired signal. I think thats okay.

I have noticed that the harmonics at very low volume of the PC do increase (still full power). It is best at 50% volume. This contradicts logic, but good to know.

With the new audio setting, the LAN traffic is higher, I have to check the quality...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version