Author Topic: Cannot access control RRC  (Read 6156 times)

k7cf

• View Profile
    • Email
Cannot access control RRC
« on: 2011-01-18, 12:28:52 »
When I do microbit set up via USB, the IP address of the control unit is as expected.
However, when I do the cmd:ipconfig, an IP address of the Control unit is something different.
I tried to download the firmware and it failed to write. .30 is the version.
It is as if something is corrupted in the control firmware that is preventing me to communicate via LAN even though the IP address via USB is fine.
Cannot bring up the status etc, is there another way to configure the ctl, rather than using the LAN connection?
The LAN connection appears to be unoperational.

Not sure why the microbit setup has one IP address and the cmd:IPconfig has a different address.

Any ideas, especially on how to reload the firmware without a failure to write.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Cannot access control RRC
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-18, 12:34:20 »
If the RRC is set to DHCP, it will pick this address up from the router and will NOT
display this in setup window under the Setup Manager. It will ALWAYS display the
fixed IP number that was entered there before.

To get the current IP number, click on the Net Info tab and then call it up.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dj4mz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-18, 15:06:26 »
Hi,

what do you mean with
However, when I do the cmd:ipconfig, an IP address of the Control unit is something different.
?

The Microbit Setup Manager connected via USB shows the IP address of your device and ipconfig shows the IP address of the computer on which you execute ipconfig. These have to be different! Make sure that both IPs are within the same subnet, assuming a "standard" home network they should only differ in the last number, e.g. 192.168.0.227 for the RRC and 192.168.0.100 for your PC.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ

k7cf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-18, 17:28:24 »
It is apparent, something is corrupt in the LAN connection to the RRC. I tried to refresh the firmware with both 30 and 32, and it failed to load.
However, it appears to retain 30, the old level but still fails to load either refreshing 30 or going to the latest level 32.
Something happened to the firmware in the RRC preventing me from refreshing or loading firmware. I tried the reset switch and it appears to do a hard boot.
But still the same.
Even though the Microbit ip address is .227 per the Microbit  set up, when updating the firmware, it fails to write the firmware via USB.
In addtion, the browser cannot access the RRC via the LAN connection with .227
as I cannot update the firmware via USB.

So, it appears to me that I have corrupted firmware, that unless I can update the firmware successfully, the RRC is not capable of connecting to the browser via the LAN cable direct hook up.

So how can I get to the Microbit status window without the browser?

es3at

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-18, 17:53:00 »
It is apparent, something is corrupt in the LAN connection to the RRC. I tried to refresh the firmware with both 30 and 32, and it failed to load.
Starting from ver 30 firmware is zipped. You unzip archive before update?

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2011-01-18, 17:57:50 »
I suggest first that you use the USB cable and the Setup Manager. You can see if your
RRC is still "alive", update the firmware and check what the real IP number is. It also will
start your browser and go to the correct address if you want.

I also suggest that set the RRC to DHCP to pull an IP address from your network, assuming
your network is done that way. If you want a fixed IP number, it is more reliable to put the
MAC address in your router's NAT settings for fixed IP, since at least then your router will
know about it and you can easier do port forwards or place it into the DMZ.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

k7cf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2011-01-18, 18:08:03 »
Gads, am I ever going to get this?
I figured out that I can not hook the RRC up directly to the LAN port on Laptop.
So, I hooked up wireless LAN and then I was able to see the Control RRC.

I was able to see the remote RRC and the control RRC.

I connected to the remote RRC, it connected.
I turned off the TS480.

I decided to reload 30 firmware with the TS480 turned off. It failed.

I turned the TS480 head power on, it connected but no audio.

I did the update 30 firmware with the TS480 powered up, it worked and completed.
I then powered up the TS480S but no audio and no key(have RRC keyer enabled)
So decided to do a reset of control RRC, the key came to life in the internal RRC . I then powered up the head and it connected and everything is working fine.