Author Topic: Prtoblem conecting TS-480 using Remoterig 1258 MK II  (Read 3752 times)

WA2ETW

• View Profile
    • Email
Ihave the remoterig system connected to a TS-480 trying it out in my home. I have configured the control and radio units per the manual for a type 1 using the table on page 185. Using Micro bit Setup and Ethernet cables to a Comcast internet box, I have setup IP addresses that the system recognizes. After looking at some similar posts in the forum, I have checked all the wires and jumpers (by the way Paragraph 5 on page 23 seems to conflict with the table on page 185 concerning JMP2 setting). the green lights on the Ethernet conector on both remoterig units slowly blink.

The problem is that the TS-480 will not turn on using the control head on button. Any suggestions you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks - Bob - WA2ETW

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Prtoblem conecting TS-480 using Remoterig 1258 MK II
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-18, 20:12:17 »
Bob,

Drop me a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my networking checklist that will
walk you through the process.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

WA2ETW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-18, 22:12:31 »
TNX Mitch - Will send an email shortly.

Bob - wa2etw

VO1HP

• View Profile
    • VO1HP
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-02-23, 19:35:20 »
I have similiar issue here.   Have both RR boxes setup on my LAN.  CONTROL: is setup with DHCP and RADIO is set with static IP 192.168.2.200--- I have the port forwarding setup to the RADIO IP and placed the RADIO box MAC address in ADVANCED DMZ in the router.

when i press the 480 power button the rig does not turn on however the status pages are showing the network connection has been made and data is flowing.  However the control head is not on.

For the connection from the RADIO body to the RR box I used what looks to be an RJ12 sort jumper from my residential telephone panel with six conductors.  Maybe all these wires are not connected in the plugs??

Frank
VO1HP
K3Mini-K3-RemoteRig

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-02-24, 05:42:15 »
It could be one of several things, but yes, all wires must be connected on the RJ12. A standard
telephone cable will not work.

Make sure that you have the jumper set for 9v in the control RRC and an adequate power supply.

If network related, make sure that SIP ALG is turned off in the router and try turning off the router's
firewall.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX