RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration of Routers, Firewalls, etc

Problem with UDP CMD Port

<< < (2/2)

sm2o:
Is the system tested on the same LAN ? Are cables etc OK
I think if no serial data is comming in to the RRC it will not send any CMD packages and it will look like the CMD port is blocked

73 de mike

dj0qn:
There is no way to test it on the same LAN, the station is very far away. However, I tested it from here yesterday
and had the same result. I have also had the cables and straps rechecked and all appears OK.

I asked them to contact their ISP to see if they can figure out if it is a firewall problem.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

oz1rh:
On my setup with an IC-7100 and RRC boxes I have experienced UDP cmd status: error a few times during the last 5 years. In my case the IC-7100 radio locks up which can be overcome by power cycling of its 13,8 V. Restart of the remote RRC does not help. As I have a RigRunner 4005i see www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=rr_4005i power cycling of the radio is easy to do remote.

73, Palle, OZ1RH

dj0qn:
Did you try changing the  "UDP cmd min-data-size"?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

oz1rh:
I have not changed "UDP cmd min-data-size". I noticed my problem some years ago and after checking, reboot and power cycling both RRC I ended up by power cycling the IC-7100 radio box (13,8 V off and on) and after that no more "UDP cmd Error" and the IC-7100 control panel could power on and start working. I may have had to power cycle the IC-7100 radio box about 3 times the last 5 years, so it is not a frequent problem. I have never seen similar "UDP cmd Error" with my K3 - K3/0-Mini setup.

73, Palle, OZ1RH.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version