Author Topic: Confirm Radio-TTL Connection to C-IV  (Read 3852 times)

Paul-WA4AA

• View Profile
    • Email
Confirm Radio-TTL Connection to C-IV
« on: 2018-04-15, 23:39:59 »
How can I confirm that the Control RRC is connected to the Radio RRC via my LAN? The network can see the Control RRC and it can also see the Radio RRC but I'm unable to connect to them?
Thanks, Paul
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20, 15:30:21 by Paul-WA4AA »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Confirm Connections
« Reply #1 on: 2018-04-16, 00:03:17 »
Paul,

Look at the status pages on both RRCs.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Paul-WA4AA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-04-16, 01:59:39 »
Thanks Mitch.....After looking there I find that the Connection Status on each is OK. The SIP Status is connected/transferring and the RIP status is Excellent. The Other Party is the other RCC IP address. Great news, Thanks.

Now I have to figure out why I can't connect to the IC-756Pro3. Using HRD as the front end connected to Control via USB to RS232 adaptor. Status report confirms that it is working. The other end is TTL to CIV, I checked the pinout and that cable seems to be OK. Has to be baud rates between HRD and the Pro#. Any suggestions? Anybody
Thanks again Mitch
Paul

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-04-16, 02:35:09 »
Hi Paul,

Hard to say. I am not an Icom person, but I do know that the CI-V converter must be an original
Icom one to work.

Check your settings under COM2, which is used for CAT. On the control RRC, you must have "use
COM2 for USB" set to NO if using a serial to USB converter externally. To use the RRC's internal USB
converter and only a USB cable, then it is set to YES. I also found that cheap USB converters don't
work all the well with the RRC, so you may try using the internal converter instead.

Mitch

Paul-WA4AA

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Confirm Radio-TTL Connection to C-IV
« Reply #4 on: 2018-04-26, 05:39:55 »
Thanks Mitch,

Finally, after weeks of trial and error I've got the RRC Control settings correct and have been able to connect (LAN) to the IC-756 Pro3. Serial connection from laptop to RRC Control and running HRD. Most functions on the radio can be addressed through HRD except Power On/Off.

Looking for suggestions from the Forum on how to solve the Power On/Off dilemma. I'm sure that this has been done before, I just need a starting point. Thanks all.

Paul

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-04-26, 07:19:39 »
Hi Paul,

Glad to hear that you got it working after all.

I recently helped someone get his IC-7800 working, but using the built-in ethernet interface. We had the
same problem with power on using HRD and found the only way was to use the Icom software RS-BA1 to
make the connection and start a virtual serial port, then used that port for turning the rig on. I am not sure
if that information is useful to you, but maybe you have that software available and can try it out over the
RRC's serial port.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-04-26, 07:54:22 »
There is no way to remotely power on/off a IC-756, The only way is to control the 12V power. A 230 V remote controlled socket is the cheapest way to do it.

73 de mike