Author Topic: controlling a Yaesu ft 991A with micro PC doesnt seem viable?  (Read 421 times)

w5rhr

• View Profile
I would like to upgrade my now working system centered around a yaesu ft 857 with an ft991, because of the C4FM capability of the 991.

The 991 does not have a removable control head so it appears the control would have to take place with an rrc micro unit?

Control of the 991 would have to be accomplished via the radio RRC via the serial port to the serial port of the 991 using HRD.

However, the TTL port on the radio RRC doesnt appear to have any place to plug into the 991, like the diagrams show a typical CVI control,  how would you control the 991? I think that is why it cannot be done

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
FT-991 has a 9 pin d-sub as CAT port like most bigger Yeasu radios has. It's connected to Remoterig Com2, look in the manual at the chapter Yaesu in general.

73 de mike

w5rhr

• View Profile
So then, the connection would be:

Control END
PC running HRD to USB port on control RRC,(set serial port 2 to use usb) microphone to Mic jack, speaker from speaker jack.
HRD would do all the control

RADIO END
FT991 serial cat port to RRC radio end serial port 2 , mic to mic, speaker to speaker..

seems logical then.