Author Topic: COM 0  (Read 3052 times)

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
COM 0
« on: 2018-06-05, 12:15:02 »
Guys hello

I am preparing my remote station. I would like to have an input on this:

Remoterig has 4 COM ports (COM0, COM1, COM2 and Virtual only COM3). Please validate this:

1) COM0 physically is the TTL port on the interfaces. I use TS480 with detachable head and in this case it is used for communication between the head (panel) and the radio

2) If the about is true, how can I use RTS or DTS of COM0 (which is not physically available in COM0/TTL connector) ?

++Remoterig manual extract attached (page 76)

Many thanks Fred PY2XB

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: COM 0
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-05, 12:38:00 »
it's only com1 which have a status signal in each direction, the other only have RXD and TXD

There are many other comport over internet devices available if you need full comports

73 de mike

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-05, 14:56:34 »
Mike thanks. I understand fully the use of COM ports. I am trying to use most of the Remoterig bulit in ports and I/Os before evaluating how many ports of additional  serial server devices I need.

My point here is that the manual states  how to use RTS and DTR COM 0 signals for PTT and CW, but the signals (RTS/DTR) do not physically exist in the Radio RRC.

Either I am not understanding well COM 0 usage or the manual is incorrect. I am trying to get some light on this.

Best regards and thanks again  Fred

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-05, 18:51:27 »
They are available when using USB  for com0 but you can't do that when unsing TS-480

/mike

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-06-05, 21:08:12 »
Mike tks again. I supposed this was the case. However, if I am using a radio controlled by CAT (COM0 free) the physical RTS/DTR COM 0 signals exist to the user at Radio RRC?

Perhaps they may be directly (internally) connected to PTT/CWkeyer circuitry at the Radio RRC, without been exposed to the user. Is it Correct ?

Thanks Fred

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-06-05, 22:40:34 »
Yes it's internally connected to PTT/CW. As I wrote before it's only com1 which have control signals which is passed from connector to connector.

/mike

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-06-05, 22:58:57 »
Tks Mike. These internal connections were not clear to me. Now it is. Ok about COM1 and control signals. Appreciated your input. regards Fred