RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

Kenwood 480 Sat connection problem

(1/2) > >>

Mitch:
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me i have two kenwood 480 Sat's. Old one works fine with remoterig ok.  Tied to change to other second 480 Sat but like getting a carrier when i work radio on USB.

Seen a old post before there is two versions of kenwoods SAT & HX that you have to configure the red pins in RRC Control and RRC Radio depending on sernial numbers on version of Sat or Hx.

Would like to add the Kenwood 480 Sat i work from the remote station placed in my works van and nicer looking radio to my home. Any help would be greatful..

73s

Mitch:
Looking at the Hardware configuration it says that they have made things a little bit more complicated Kenwood have changed the layout of the Mic connector during production and there are two different configurations.

New radios with serial number from 70600056 are using Configuration type 1 and older radios with serial number below are using configuration type 2.

I was using before.

Serial number: 50800717

Serial number: B5400074

Not sure how to configure jumpers for replacement kenwood 480 sat

73s

Mitch:

--- Quote from: Mitch on 2018-06-06, 01:57:06 ---Looking at the Hardware configuration it says that they have made things a little bit more complicated Kenwood have changed the layout of the Mic connector during production and there are two different configurations.

New radios with serial number from 70600056 are using Configuration type 1 and older radios with serial number below are using configuration type 2.

I was using before.

Serial number: 50800717

Serial number: B5400074

Not sure how to configure jumpers for replacement kenwood 480 sat

73s

--- End quote ---

Can anyone help me have changed my kenwood 480 Sat to new one with Serial number: B5400074 have configuration to type 2:

For some reason i am getting RF on radio on radio when i key up with remoterig installed works fine before i add both RRC boxes.

73s

Mitch:
I have been told original radio was manufactured November 2003.

And the second Kenwood 480 Sat was manufactured on April 2015.

Would second radio i would like to use now be Configuration type 1.

dj0qn:
Most likely.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version