Author Topic: Expert 2K-FA and remoterig - still one issue  (Read 2551 times)

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
Expert 2K-FA and remoterig - still one issue
« on: 2018-06-08, 20:15:27 »
Hi everyone

I have been able to make the serial port of the 2K-FA work at low speed. Thanks Mitch.
So when a COM port of my notebook is directly connected to Expert's serial port, all works ok. I am able to fully control the amplifier and the display reproduces the amplifier's LCD display.

Then I have connected the Expert serial port to Remoterig COM1 (also tried with COM2). It was wired correctly for the COM por  in use. I have used the settings described here http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=426 , ie Mode 3, 9600, 8 bits, 1 stop bit and no parity.
When the Expert client connects to the amplifier I hear a click in the amplifier as it normally does. I am able to send commands to the amplifier (all of them). The amplifier perfoms de commands (Operate, Power, Set, etc). However  the display on the client remains white (no information) and no button lights up. BTW I also have tried Mode 1 char by char, different baud rates. The above bahaivor does not change either in COM1 or COM2.

So it seems to me that the information in the Expert -> Computer direction is not flowing thru Remoterig. I have ruled out HW problem because I have used the ports for CAT and both COM1 and COM 2 are ok.

Does anyone have a clue about this issue ?

Many thanks Fred PY2XB

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Expert 2K-FA and remoterig - still one issue
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-09, 10:06:00 »
If you configure the Remoterig like I have described on the website it works, you do not need to try other settings or other com-ports. I know many hams using that config. You have to search for your problem outside the Remoterigs

73 de mike

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Expert 2K-FA and remoterig - still one issue
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-09, 16:45:00 »
Thanks Milke. It is conforting that we can rule out Remoterig. I will look on Expert side, connections, etc..
BTW I am suprised how Remoterig woks well and the simplicity to work with it . You have covered a great deal of  what is needed  for the most used modes and radio controls.
In my specific case I have to deal with SteppIR and rotor control outside Remoterig. I know Microbit has solutions for that too.
Of course power management is important as well.

Perhaps Microbit could design  a single appliance that would do it all in a single product.

Best regards Fred