RRC-Micro PC Client in English > General discussion

Error message

(1/5) > >>

Chris DL5NAM:
Have installed newest version of the Microbit RRC Client on a Windows7 PC.
If i click button Selecting Panels i get an error window. Same if i click "Show program Information"

Dont know how to include the picture right way

VK3ADE:
HI

I don't know if I can be lot of help except to say I have the software installed on Windows 7, both 64 and 32 bit versions and the install was error free. It looks a little to me like the Com Ports have not all been installed, have you used your Windows 7 device manager to check for the presence of the Microbit ports, there should be 3 of them and they are designated 'Microbit SerialUDP device (COMX etc)'. I hope I am not telling you something you already know, if so my apologies.

Roger VK3ADE

Chris DL5NAM:
Roger, tnx fr answer.
But device manager shows 3 "microbit SerialUDP Devives"

I am not a programmer. I install the soft also on my shack PC, running XP.
First and second start i get same error message. I reboot and not more error message came up, and soft runs well - only on XP SP3.

Maybe our trusted company  :) in Sweden has a hint.

Have complete deinstalled and done a new install -no changes.

Chris

Chris DL5NAM:
No info from Sweden, it looks like that is a real big buck. They should place a hint at web and stop selling this device.

So be careful if you using Windows7 - can be possible that you will get problems. Maybe next version of soft will fix it.

roland:

--- Quote from: DL5NAM on 2011-02-03, 19:43:39 ---No info from Sweden, it looks like that is a real big buck. They should place a hint at web and stop selling this device.

So be careful if you using Windows7 - can be possible that you will get problems. Maybe next version of soft will fix it.

--- End quote ---
Hi DL5NAM. Sorry that you didn't get any answer directly on this. But you have to understand the we as developers has many things on our 'to-do' list. Your report is dated 31/1 and its now 3/2, if you wan't 24 hours direct support I suggest you take contact with us for an offer on that.

This software is developed on Windows 7 and tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP SP3 both here and by some testers outside the company. No one else has so far reported this kind of problem so I think stop selling the device would be going a bit to far and to fast.

One thing you can do is to click on the 'program information' button and then exit the program.
You should then have a file called info.txt in you documents folder. Please send that file to me.

Open your Control Panel/System/Device Manager. Microbit SerialUDP Device should be present in the Group Ports. Is it?
If it is, double click in it and select tab Driver. Version should be 1.0.4.3.

Lets start there and see what we can get out of that.

Best regards
Roland

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version