RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

RRC-1258 and Yaesu FT-857

(1/3) > >>

KA9HNT:
I am trying to get a Yaesu FT-857 to connect to the base unit using the 1258.
Both sides of the 1258 are on the same switch and same subnet.
The remote unit tries to connect to the base (I can hear the relays click), but the display on the control head doesn't light up.  The remote side web page connection status indicates a faulty connection, the SIP Status shows Connected/transferring, but the RTP/UDP audio status is Stalled. 

Any ides where I should start to look??

tnx
de ka9hnt

dj0qn:
This type of problem is usually caused by router or even ISP issues. It could be a number of things,
so process of elimination will be the only way to solve it.

To start, make sure that SIP ALG is disabled on both sides. Then turn off the router's firewall to see
if that solves the problem. You may try changing the three UDP ports to see if that makes a
difference, but that rarely helps (unless you have an old RRC running port 5060, which must be
changed).

If that doesn't help, take the control RRC to another location. If it works there, you know that the
problem is on the radio side. Otherwise you can focus on the control side.

I can send you my networking checklist, but it appears that you got things working and probably
don't need it.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

KA9HNT:
Does the ISP and Firewall come into play even if both units are inside my network?
The two 1258's are two IP addresses (192.168.2.130 & 192.168.2.132) from each other and don't leave the network.

dj0qn:
Well, that missing important information. I assumed that you were outside of your network,
since you had a SIP error.

Indeed the ISP has no effect on what is going on within your
network. However, the router may still block packets to
"protect" your internal network. So still make the checks and
changes I suggested.

Mitch DJ0QN/ K7DX

KA9HNT:
OK, the router's SIP AGL is disabled and the IPv4 firewall is disabled. Still no joy.  I see the 857 screen start to come on, but then it goes out.  The relays click in the radio base, but nothing on the remote head.

What are the next things I need to check??  How do I know if the 1258 is working as it should?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version