Author Topic: RCC System has stopped responding  (Read 4232 times)

w7fz

• View Profile
    • Email
RCC System has stopped responding
« on: 2011-03-16, 23:22:15 »
On a recent business trip I took the Control RCC and the TS480  Control Panel with me.  I operated as often as I could in view of my busy schedule.  Upon returning home I upgraded the FirmWare to FW2.34.  About two weeks after that I wanted to demonstrate the RCC system to my son who was spending the weekend home from university.  I could not get the system to respond.  I thought that, perhaps, the FW upgrade had been corrupted so I re-installed FW 2.33.  The system still did not work.  I have tried everything in my limited knowledge, including checking the cables.  In desperation I am attaching tables containing the status of the Radio RCC as well as the Control RCC, all connected with the TS480 within my LAN.  I did not change any parameters after my business trip.  Is there a way to connect the Radio and Control RCC's together to see if they will provide connectivity?  I need help.  I have another business trip coming up.
w7fz
Robert

w7fz  Robert

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RCC System has stopped responding
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-17, 07:16:31 »
Hi
remember that when you use them in the same LAN at home you must change the SIP-contact in the Control-RRC

73 de mike

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-17, 08:35:18 »
Also it's a good idea to check the Status page just after attempting to connect. Doing so show the most current status regarding the connect attempt.

For ex:

Last SIP error   SIP Error

could be shown in the Control RRC if the SIP connection to the Radio RRC fails, for ex. due to wrong SIP Contact.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

w7fz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-18, 18:48:14 »
Hi Mike and Jan
I am very grateful for two very astute amateur radio operators.  Your advice solved the problem.  I had completely overlooked to change the SIP Contact.  I was tearing my hair out trying to solve the problem, and at my age I don't have much more hair to tear out.  Thanks a million.
w7fz  Robert
w7fz  Robert