Author Topic: Power-on problems  (Read 3335 times)

tomdelaney

• w8wtd
    • View Profile
    • Email
Power-on problems
« on: 2018-09-26, 19:35:11 »
Running an IC-706 with remoterig.  Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn’t.  No pattern to why it does or does not connect.  If it works, everything works correctly, and stays on as long as I want.  If not, no telling when it will decide to connect next.
Status when there is a problem, always indicates UDP cmd problem, sometimes with RTP/audio problem, at other times the RTP has connected and the UDP cmd has not.  Sometimes the yellow light comes on, but no display or audio.  At other times, both the red and the yellow light come on.
Radio end is on an LTE modem with a fixed IP address.  The port forwarding is properly set, because when it works, it works perfectly.  If that were the problem, it would never work.  Connection speed is good, in the 15Mbps range.  Control side is on house LAN (fiber optics), connection speed in the 70Mbps range.
Have checked and rechecked all the wiring.  No physical intermittents that I can find.
Pressing the power button is always a gamble.  Will it work this time?
Any ideas out there?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Power-on problems
« Reply #1 on: 2018-09-27, 08:21:18 »
Probably a router or ISP problem the cmd and audio ports are not opened up, thats what the status page is indicating, I would test with an other router in the 4G end. Huaweii use to work very well

73 de mike

La1zm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-09-27, 10:52:47 »
Hi
I have been using Huawei e5186s /4G for 3 years now at my remote side, no problems.

73, Alf. La1zm

tomdelaney

• w8wtd
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-09-27, 14:20:09 »
How can a port be open and then close up?  Yes, there's no communication as indicated by the status.  But it changes.  Sometimes--no changes in the port forwarding of the modem--it's working great and the status says all is communicating.  Must be something other than the ISP or the modem.  By the way, the ISP assures me that the ports I'm using are open to the modem, and I have made sure they're forwarded correctly.  Remember, at times this thing works.  Why is it failing?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-09-27, 15:08:57 »
To issolated the problem, bring all equipment to the same LAN and test. There are lot of buggy routers out there, specially routers that are delivered free of charge by the ISP

73 de mike

tomdelaney

• w8wtd
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-09-27, 16:49:27 »
Mike,  I have done that.  Works okay on the same LAN.  The router was not free.  $300 for a professional router from PepWave.  Will keep trying things.