Webswitch 1216H Support in English > General discussion forum

WebSwitch 1216H Initial Setup

(1/3) > >>

VO1HP:
I purchased a 1216H three years ago and didn't use it.  I have a RCU1216L on the way and now want to configure the WebSwitch unit.  Where do I find the initial setup procedure for the Webswitch 1216H?   O looked carefully on the website but cant find it there.  PLease advise

Frank VO1HP

dj0qn:
Frank, try this:
http://www.webswitch.se/wp/

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VO1HP:
Thanks Mitch

Yes I have seen this page.  In playing around with the web switch using Microbit Setup Manager I discovered that I had already interfaced it to my network at the time of purchase.  How time flies.   I am able to access the webpage without USB connection using the IP address.  So I guess that's it?   

I understand the relay connections and how to use...but not clear on what STATUS means on the Relay 5 label.   Also not clear on connections 9 to 14 - Bus A/B  and IN1/2?  The hook up for the rotator control board is well explained so maybe it will go Ok when I receive the board and start to hook it up.

Anything you can add re the BUS and IN connections will be helpful

Frank VO1HP

dj0qn:
Hi Frank,

Yes, that's it. More straightforward than the RRC, just a web page to forward and use.

I have used the Webswitch for rotor control and its relays for raising and lowering my tower, turning on
my amplifier, etc. I have not used the functions you ask, so I will have to pass to Mike or someone else
that knows that part better than me.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VO1HP:
Thanks Mitch...Just discovered the built in help pages in the web switch browser page(upper right corner)....these pages have clarified  a few things for me.  I didn't realize before that the web switch has the ability to change antenna relays based on freq of operation of the rig.   It has a built in serial port through the USB connector I guess.  Couldn't discover yet the details yet of how to set it up

Thanks for your help

Frank VO1HP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version