Author Topic: Lose connection with radio side  (Read 3147 times)

Mitch

• View Profile
    • 108AT101
    • Email
Lose connection with radio side
« on: 2018-10-01, 05:36:17 »
Can anyone help me out i always seem to lose the connection with RRC Radio side and have to ask my friend to turn off and on again for control to find TS 480 Sat.
Please stay safe. Best 73,   
Gary

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Lose connection with radio side
« Reply #1 on: 2018-10-01, 06:35:30 »
Hi Gary,

You need to provide a lot more data to locate the problem, for example:

- How long does it take until the connection dies?
- Does it happen consistently and at the same rate?
- What does the status page say on each RRC after the connection dies?
- Have you tried it from a different control location to see if it behaves the same?
- Why would someone have to turn it off and on? Is the web interface no longer working or accessible to reboot it that way?
etc.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Mitch

• View Profile
    • 108AT101
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-10-01, 07:28:39 »
Hi Mitch,
I have notice at first it sounds like a bad connection between my home and where radio side is located.
This has been installed again for over 5 weeks and seems to go down always before the weekend and need to for help at Radio side.
I can see the status page OK but did not copy what was shown when RRC dies.
Have tried from the connection at my home and also from my mobile O2 Wifi that works OK when away from home.
This has to be reboot from his home as RRC Radio is located outside in the farm and he can't see box flashing.

Gary
Gary

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-10-01, 16:47:58 »
Hi Gary,

So if I understood you correctly, it works fine when not used at your home? That would indicate that the
problem is at your home and not at the remote site. Seems that your ISP or router has a problem.

It is important to know what the status page says when it goes down.

I still don't understand what you mean that someone needs to reboot the RRC. First of all, all you need to do
is to go into its web page a click on the reboot menu at the bottom. I saved your RRC's web page in case you
had future problems and would have no problem rebooting from here, so you should as well. Second of all, if
the problem is on the control side, then that is where you should look for the problem and rebooting should
not be necessary.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Mitch

• View Profile
    • 108AT101
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-10-01, 23:22:03 »
Hi Mitch,

No the problem is from Control side at my home, when it goes down i try rebooting first from the bottom of page but does not work.
I can see the web page OK fine the control side.

At the radio page this seems to go down when the radio is not working and only shows after rebooting again in the farm. this is the only reason i ask for help at radio side, Will try copy problem next time down Mitch.

Gary
Gary