RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

Missing virtual drivers

(1/3) > >>

w3hzz:
I have an Elecraft Twin setup using a K3 and K3/0 mini. All works well, both at CONTROL and at RADIO sites.

I am unable to establish rig/CAT control on CONTROL side. On the RADIO side I have a serial cable (with keyspan adapter) going from COM1 on RR to the computer and am able to get control.

When I try this same set up CONTROL unit I am unable to get it to work.

On both RADIO and CONTROL sides, I do not see any Microbit Serial drivers. even though I have installed and reinstaled the Setup program several times. The only COM port I see is the Keyspan adapter when it is connected to RR unit. Without adapter, I see no COM ports.

I am on Windows 10 Ver 1803. Could there be an incompatability problem?

Thanks,
Phil, W3HZZ

dj0qn:
Phil,

Did you go into the serial settings and change the appropriate COM port's setting
"Use USB Com Port as COMx" to YES?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

w3hzz:
Yes, under Serial Settings Use USB as COM1 is YES.
Using Mode 7, 9600 Baudrate.
I've taken the serial cable and Keyspan adapter from RADIO unit and put it on CONTROL. The only port I see is COM15 "Keyspan"

Phil, W3HZZ

dj0qn:
I was trying to figure out what a "Keyspan" adapter is. I assume that this is a USB to serial converter.

In that case, it appears to the RRC as a "real" serial cable. In that case, "Use USB Com Port as COMx"
must be set to NO to make it work.

The virtual serial ports will only appear if you plug a normal USB cable into the RRC's USB port and into
your PC and set "Use USB Com Port as COMx"  to YES when doing so.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

w3hzz:
Yes the Keyspan is a Serial to USB adapter. I works fine on my RADIO unit.

I have tried in Serial Settings changing "USB COM PORT as COM2" as YES and as NO. Rebooted the Control RR and then plugged in the Keyspan USB Serial Port to CONTROL RR at COM1 on RR and USB on Computer. I only see COM15 "Keyspan USB Serial Port" as connected in the device manager. I am unable to interface logging program (Amateur Contact Log) with computer.

I removed Keyspan and connected a USB cable directly from CONTROL unit to Computer, in serial settings after I changed "USB ComPort as COM1" to YES, rebooted. No ports were found at all in the computer.

I am using a MacBook Pro running Windows 10 under Bootcamp. Although arrangement is similar to the one I am using on RADIO side (MacMini, Bootcamp, Windows 10), perhaps this has something to do with the lack of virtual drivers. I am grasping at straws.

Any ideas appreciated.

Phil, W3HZZ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version