Author Topic: RRC-1258 web interface and connection problem  (Read 2279 times)

it9ozs

• View Profile
RRC-1258 web interface and connection problem
« on: 2019-01-12, 17:11:10 »
Hi people, I'm a new member, but i use a remoterig rrc-1258 since 2014.
I haven't any problem, but afret some yers, my rrc radio unit, burnt his processor. I ordered and configured a new board, but now I have some problems...
When I try to connect, the radio unit play the sound of connection error and web server (of control unit) reports SIP error.
Opening the browser and editing the rrc radio IP addres, I have connection error in the browser.
Anyway...I have a PC remoted and connected to the same network of the radio unit and sometimes I can reboot the rrc radio via web, sometimes I have the same connection error and I have to reboot it manually! (thanks to my father).

My configuration is:

rrc-1258 with latest firmware (in both units)
Kenwood TM-D710
All correct port forwarding in my modems
Fixed IP address in both units

The strange this is a different issues...Sometimes I have no connectiont sound from my control unit, but I'm able to reboot radio unit via web, sometime, is no possible reboot via web, but only local PC (LAN connection), other times I can reboot only via microbit setup manager (connected to the radio unit via USB port) or directly using a reset button.

I tryed many different ways to solve the problem....I re-flashed the firmware, checked port mapping, checked my internet connection (ADSL, little bit slow, I know)...but notthing to do...

After reboot, it works fine (sometimes I have some disconnection), but, some hours later or the day after, the problem is the same....

Olease help me, this problem started about 2 years ago and I'm so bored.

Thanks so much to everybody

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC-1258 web interface and connection problem
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-12, 20:02:35 »
It is hard to say without seeing your settings in the RRC's and router. You say that it does work fine,
but then stops working, is that correct? If so, that means that the RRC settings are correct and the
problem lies with the router or network somewhere. That is where you need to focus. Make sure that
SIP ALG is turned off and try also turning off the router's firewall.

Note: first take the control RRC somewhere else to see if the same problem occurs. If it does, then the
problem is most likely at the radio's router. Otherwise, it lies with the control side router.

Only one other possibility occurs to me; you said this is an older installation. What is the SIP port number,
5060 or the newer RRC 12000? If the older 5060, then you may likely have a port conflict with VoIP in your
router or network. Changing 5060 to something else would solve that problem.

Otherwise, you need to take a long, hard look at your router after verifying which one is the culprit.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX