Author Topic: Strange Problem  (Read 1907 times)

PA5VEN

• View Profile
    • Email
Strange Problem
« on: 2019-01-13, 22:43:07 »
I work with my two 1258MKII's and 3 7100's for a while now (From the car to 3 different locations en from home to two) Today something really strange happened. My home display RR (the one with the knob) stopped working, well: all leds still burning and still responding to acces by browser, but no connection possible to all the locations. As soon as I connected the USB cable to my PC I regained connection! Pull it out: gone! Put it back in: voila! Even without using the powerswitch on the 7100. I can still do what I like but I think it's weird and it is inconvenient to keep that USB in there all the time... Somebody got an idea?

Thanx in advance! 73 Sven (PA5VEN)

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Strange Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-14, 00:59:18 »
Hi Sven,

Sounds like the RRC's power supply may have died. It will pull power from the USB instead.
Try a different one to see if that solves the problem. I am not really sure if it will, since some
LED's were still lit with the power supply, but it is worth a try.

If that isn't it, then the RRC may be defective, which is very rare. It is 99% something in the
environment that changed if the system stops working, but your problem is indeed strange.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

PA5VEN

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Strange Problem
« Reply #2 on: 2019-01-14, 11:17:23 »
I did try different power supplies, but that did'nt change a thing! It still works fine untill I shutdown my computer....... :(

73 Sven
« Last Edit: 2019-01-14, 22:28:13 by PA5VEN »