Author Topic: N1MM+ CW Speed Control: RRC Winkey emulator and CW speed with paddle into RRC  (Read 4572 times)

K3TN

• View Profile
We are on RRC firmware V2.90 at the W4AAW remote operation, using N1MM+ software. N1MM+ supports Winkey and controls the CW speed. It has three configurable options: (1) Ignore the speed pot on a Winkeyer; (2) Only use the speed pot; (3) Only use the speed pot for paddle and keyboard cw, use N1MM settings for canned CW messages.

V2.90 seems to have broken (1) - a paddle plugged into the RRC will always use the speed selected on the speed pot. I think this was fixed back in 2.85, I remember this was a problem before and had been fixed. I noticed 2.90 added a function to select configs using the speed pot - maybe that caused the breakage?

Is there currently a way to configure the RRC to allow software (like N1MM+) to fully control the CW speed, including speed sent when using a paddle plugged into the RRC? If not, is there a firmware update that could return that functionality?

Thanks and 73, John K3TN

cx6vm

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello John

did you found a solution for that?

I am installing remoterig and want to setup all correctly at home before taking the remote unit and radio to the station

I want to control CW speed with N1MM+, itīs possible?

thanks
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
Jorge

If you are using a K3/0, it is easy to add an outboard Winkey.  I stopped using the RR Winkey- I found it was too fussy, and I lost connectivity to it to many times.  I added a MORTTY keyer (for $18), configured it in N1MM+, and the cable goes from the output of the keyer to the KEY jack on the back of the K3/0.  Now you can plug the paddle into the RR paddle input, set one speed there, and use the MORTTY interfaced with N1MM+ for a different speed.  Or, if you want both speeds the same, plug the paddle into the MORTTY keyer.  Works FB.

Dennis W1UE

cx6vm

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello Dennis!!

justo today i see this reply, sorry. I not receive email alerts when someone reply to me :-(

I am using two K3/100

But hope to buy K3/0 Mini this year. When I have it, will call you :-)

HNY mi amigo...!!!

Jorge