Author Topic: Incoming audio stream fail problem RRC-1258mkII  (Read 1907 times)

N0AE

• View Profile
    • Email
Incoming audio stream fail problem RRC-1258mkII
« on: 2019-02-28, 20:02:18 »
I have been using Remote Rig RRC-1258mkII units for about 2 years.  I am using the units to remote control an ICOM IC-7100.  The control head is used by my brother WA9UEW who is living in a nursing home which is approximately 60 KM from my QTH which is where the radio is located.

Up until last month, the remote control system worked perfectly and was a real help in the life of my shut in brother.  The IC-7100 is connected to a Yaesu Quadra 1 KW solid state amplifier and my brother would join with me on our 40 meter skeds using this amplifier with 1 KW out.

Last month, something changed and I have no idea what changed.  The red LED on the AUX/MIC connector would light indicating that an incoming audio stream failure had occurred.  This failure would only occur when the amplifier was in operation.  When running only the 100 watts output of the radio itself, remote control operation was normal.

Once again I emphasize that this  failure started with no known changes in the configuration of the station or internet equipment.

I have tried to ground the remote rig unit directly to the station bus bar, with no change.  I have also re-arranged the connecting cables, with no change.

Do anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Brion N0AE

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Incoming audio stream fail problem RRC-1258mkII
« Reply #1 on: 2019-03-01, 06:59:25 »
Hi Brion,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

The short answer is that if a system was previously working and all of a sudden stopped, then it is 99% not something
with the RRC's, but somewhere in the environment.

Some examples:
Loose cables
ISP changed something
Network problem
etc.

Did you reboot the routers to see if that solved the problem? Otherwise, what else could have changed?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX