Author Topic: Ethernet connection problem  (Read 2166 times)

sv1oz

• View Profile
    • Email
Ethernet connection problem
« on: 2019-04-13, 09:21:43 »
Hello to all,

I face a strange problem with my RRC-1258 MKII interfaces..
Firstly I had the problem with my local, (shack unit).
The power green led was flashing on and off and was not connected to the internal network.
I could not see its web interface and of course it could not connect with remote interface.
I tried unplugging many times to restart the unit but only after long time off waiting  and many tries managed to be again stable green led and work flawless.
Then after some time started again the same problem and I decided to change the factory switching power supply with another I had 12.6V 1A .
Since then the local unit worked till today flawless and only 1 time made the problem .

Now have the same problem with remote interface . I checked the voltage and is 13,6 V (transceiver supply)  and making lots of restarts cannot work and remains with green power led flashing.

Is it damaged??? What can I do to recover this issue?? I am 2 weeks without remote.

Thank U in advance
Dimitris DK1OZ/SV1OZ
« Last Edit: 2019-04-15, 07:15:38 by sv1oz »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Ethernet connection problem
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-15, 08:37:32 »
Hi

The Ethernet Interface is sometimes damaged by lightning storms, but then it used to be totally damaged. I have never heard it comming and going. Are you shure that your router or switch is working OK. Try with another port or switch. If the Ethernet port in the RRC is damaged it's nothing you can do about it, it can't be repaired.

73 de mike

sv1oz

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ethernet connection problem
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-16, 15:29:09 »
I tried to change port at the router and Ethernet cable but nothing happened.

Green power led still blinking.

What do you mean cannot be repaired? From me or the company?

What is next step? Where must I send for repair??

Thank U in advance for the support

Dimitris