Author Topic: Cannot get Com ports installed  (Read 4262 times)

Gerryb

• View Profile
Cannot get Com ports installed
« on: 2019-04-06, 01:09:19 »
My lenova Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10
Just got my RRc micro dongle.

Running RRC micro install I do see any propmts about com ports from Futura.  A black box flashes by, and no com ports are installed.  I have tried turning of my virus protection, turned off UAC, run as admin and still no joy.   The machine had a GPS on Com12  Serial over blootooth on ports Coms 7 and 8

On another machine I get further.  The com ports install OK but I am still not communicating with my 875D with HamRadio Delux  Cannot get frequency and fails no matter which ports and speeds I chose!  SIP is OK and green line.

RPC 1258 controlled can connect OK and is working fine with the Yaesu front panel.

« Last Edit: 2019-04-06, 13:09:00 by Gerryb »

Gerryb

• View Profile
Re: Cannot get Com ports installed
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-06, 14:30:22 »
I have just attempted to install RRC micro on another modern laptop.  HP this time, and again it will not install the COM Ports.

My main machine has the ports, but I remember that I had inalled RPC micro some time back and as was OK, so I wonder if a new Window 10 update "feature" is now blcoking this.  A cmd black box flashes but no prompt for coms port installation come up, asking to install them.

Help!

Gerry

Gerryb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-07, 13:07:16 »
Windows 10.    Ports not being installed.

Mikael kindly pointed me to http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=3200

But running that utility did not show any issues, other than the new com ports are not being installed in the first place by the RRCclient installation programme. This seems to be a new windows 10 issue   
Anyone one lses sufferering this?

Any solutions out there?

Gerryb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-15, 21:48:35 »
 :)
I am not sure how this was resolved.   I new root hub update popped up which promptly I installed.  But before I started again I killed VMWARE other services that might have been blocking it, and not relying on the config programme to close them in time.   The ports are now there. 

I will repeat on other machines. 

Not quite finished as I think I have a new problem with the remote RPC