Author Topic: Wireless Internet Connection  (Read 14172 times)

stanford

• View Profile
Wireless Internet Connection
« on: 2011-02-28, 00:10:26 »
After reading info at site, perhaps a bit more confused.  I have Verizon Wireless Internet.  Will this work with the RRc 1258?  I would need to have the modem with me where ever I had my laptop to use the control software and have access to internet.  Perhaps I am missing something and not being a genius at a lot of the PC stuff does not help.  Thank you.  KK7XE

fnord

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wireless Internet Connection
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-01, 03:10:59 »
Just connect your RRC to your Laptop with a Network Cable and add a network bridge between the Lan Adapter and your ISPs Adapter
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Create-a-network-bridge

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-01, 09:27:22 »
Or buy a small hardware bridge, such as:
http://www.netgear.com/products/home/wireless-adapters/high-performance/WNCE2001.aspx

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-11, 00:40:24 »
I tested a Verizon Wireless USB device with Remoterig succesfully. I used it with Windows 7 laptop and using the ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) feature of Windows.
The only problem is the Verizon internet account is limited to 5GB a month, so be careful if your account has limits.

WA2TTP Steve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-25, 22:56:55 »
If I understand this thread correctly I should be able to log onto a public wireless internet connection, ie hotel, and plug a 1258 into my laptop lan port. Then set up a network bridge via Vista between the 1258 and the internet. Is this a correct assumption? And if so is the speed still ok to support the audio channel?

Steve