Author Topic: Audio Problems  (Read 140 times)

Mitch

• View Profile
    • Email
Audio Problems
« on: 2019-07-13, 20:45:16 »
Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for no audio from the Kenwood 480 Sat, this morning the audio would not work for some reason. This turns on OK and also receive fine.

Have placed new power cable's, also factory reset, changed over to second face from car, second RRC unused control connected also show the same problem also.

73 Gary
Gary

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Audio Problems
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-14, 02:58:58 »
Gary,

You didn't give enough details to figure it out. However, I will make the following assumptions:
1) It worked before and all of a sudden stopped working
2) You didn't fiddle with any RRC settings
3) You are referring to the audio output and not microphone audio

If these assumptions are correct, then the only place the problem lies other than a defective RRC
would be the audio cable that goes between the radio RRC and the TS-480. Double check that cable
to make sure it is okay. Every device you listed before would have no effect on output audio.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Mitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-14, 10:02:52 »
Hi Mitch,

No i have not changed any of the setting's in both boxes.  Turned radio on yesterday and no sound from face of radio.

Tried changing over cables and power with no joy.. Will try visit today and change jumpers in Radio today Mitch.

Many thanks Mitch for helping me out

73 Gary
Gary

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-07-14, 19:47:32 »
Hi Gary,

Like I wrote yesterday, none of the other things you wrote would have any effect on the output
audio. The jumpers only affect the microphone audio, power has nothing to do with it, assuming
the control panel is otherwise working.

If that particular cable is okay, then I would contact Microbit about a possible repair requirement.
Try another audio cable between the TS-480 and RRC in the meantime if you haven't.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Mitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-07-14, 23:09:29 »
Hi Mitch,

I opened the control box and removed the jumpers there, Then turned radio back on and could hear once again. Placed the jumpers back again as before and all working OK, Thanks Mitch

73 Gary
Gary