Author Topic: Error Tones  (Read 2718 times)

VE7GTC

• View Profile
    • Email
Error Tones
« on: 2019-08-11, 03:48:17 »
My remote has stopped connecting. Powering on the TS-2000 with the RC-2000 gives about a half dozen solid tones (sounds like EU phone system. I keep expecting someone to answer!). No other untoward lights or sounds. I am at the control end. Any thoughts?

Gus VE7GTC

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Error Tones
« Reply #1 on: 2019-08-11, 11:57:57 »
Gus,

If the system was working before and all of a sudden stopped working, then the problem is 99% NOT with RemoteRig. Instead, something in the environment has changed. It would have helped had you told us what the status line says in the menus. Try the following:

- Reboot the router/modem on one side of the connection and then the other side if that didn't help.
- Restart the RRC's
- Check the cabling to make sure that nothing came loose or changed
- If that all didn't help, make the following check: http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=3494

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VE7GTC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-08-11, 21:29:01 »
Thanks Mitch. I eventually figured out the problem. For some reason the profile setting on the radio remote reverted to Default. I'm not sure why that happened, but as soon as I set it back to my custom profile, all was well again. I'm still curious, though, what those tones indicate, as the only tones I have ever heard before are the SIP error tones.
Thanks,
Gus  VE7GTC  K2GT

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-08-12, 00:45:54 »
Hi Gus,

All I can say is the "not connected" tones means that the connection can not be made for some reason and that the "beep beep beep" tone means that the other side is already being used (busy). Maybe Mike can provide more details. I never really paid much attention all these years ;-)

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX