Author Topic: FT8 or digital modes in RRC-Micro PC Client  (Read 4595 times)

EC5A

• View Profile
FT8 or digital modes in RRC-Micro PC Client
« on: 2019-09-18, 17:13:10 »
Hi everybody.

First of all I have to say that I have taken a look in the forum to try to find an aswer to this question, but I have found several threads, but any works well here.

At the beginning of the summer I bought a RRC-Micro PC client wich has been working flawlessly since then. I have bought another one for my wife, because sometimes I'm out home, and she can control our remote station without problems. We use, as well, the RRC-Nano APP, and we must honestly say that it's a great tool, and it works very very well (I would like it was able to transmit CW, but I'm sure it'll do it in a future) so, as you can read, I have some experience now with this envirorment.

However, I can't use  my RRC-Micro with my FT8 program (I'm used to using JTDX, but I can use WSJT, if it's necessary) I have read several threads in this forum, and I have done the configurations I have read, without succes, so I would like to know what I have to do, because I have read the manual, and the information for two RRC-1258MkIIs is very clear, but I haven't found any configuration for the RRC-Micro in the manual.

Can anyone tell me some advice?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards.
Luis, EA5KY

ea3geo

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FT8 or digital modes in RRC-Micro PC Client
« Reply #1 on: 2019-09-18, 17:53:43 »
Hi Luis, although I'm having now some issues (that I will solve), I've been using the RRC-Micro with PSK31 and FT8 for many years with success.

Key point are the virtual audio cables. I recommend to you this ones:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

Also, this article from GM4FVM helped me:

http://gm4fvm.blogspot.com/2015/04/flex-1500-and-data-modes-psk-wspr-jt65.html

You can email me at ea3geo@ure.es if you want.

Bst 73 from EA3GEO, Daniel

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: FT8 or digital modes in RRC-Micro PC Client
« Reply #2 on: 2019-09-18, 21:54:42 »
Hi Luis,

Actually, it should be even easier than that. No virtual audio cables should be necessary using the RRC Micro PC Client.
All you need to do is to use the same settings that the client audio uses. I don't believe that there is a conflict requiring
one to install virtual audio cables, but maybe Daniel has seen this happen before.

Then use the virtual Windows COM port that accesses COM2 CAT for PTT using WJST.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX