Author Topic: Help in finding cause of interruptions  (Read 3884 times)

SM0UXX

• View Profile
Help in finding cause of interruptions
« on: 2019-12-19, 13:32:04 »
Hi all,
I am experiencing interruptions in my remoterig connection. I notice it mostly by interruptions in the audio (everything from 1 second to ~20 seconds). But also if turning the VFO the radio may become unresponsive for a while. And somethimes the interruption is so long so that the timeout error tone starts. The problem is erratic, sometimes it works flawlessly for an hour, but usually there are interruptions every minute.

While it could be a configuration error somewhere, I highly suspect my internet connection, but I find it very hard to track. A little bit about my setup:

I am using RRC1258 Yeasu TWIN with 2x Yeasu FT2000
On my control-QTH I have a fiber 1000/100 Mb/s connection (getting about 800Mb/s down and 100Mb/s up at speed tests). The router is a Linksys EA9500, and I run a 5GHz link (with Ubiquiti Nanobeam M5) between the house and my radioshack (about 20 meters). In the shack I use a TP-link 5 port gigabit switch.
On my radio QTH there is a 100/10 Mb/s fiber connection, run through a Linksys WRT54GL router, via a 5GHz link  (Ubiquiti Nanobeam M5) to the radio (about 50 meters). A TP-link 5 port gigabit switch is used on the radio site as well.

I'd be very grateful for tips on how to track the error (obviously I have checked 5GHz QRM with the Nanobeam's Airview tool, but it seems fine), and I have some questions:

1) Is there any way to analyse the radio-site connection remotely?
2) Are there any tools to analyse the datastream? I mean to try and see what sorts of packets are lost, and if it's possible to see where they get lost?

73 de SM0UXX Erik

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Help in finding cause of interruptions
« Reply #1 on: 2019-12-19, 17:56:45 »
Hej
Du har ovanligt många steg med olika utrustning, Det finns inget bra sätt att mäta var problemet sitter. Det är uteslutningsmetoden som gäller. Enklast
 är väl att först prova flytta kontrollen till ett annat ställe med annan internet operatör så man får reda på om det är i radio änden eller kontrolländen det är problem. Sedan eliminera onödiga Wifi genom att flytta grejerna i ena änden åt gången till första internet switchen där fibern kommer in så man kan utesluta sina egna grejer.

73 de micke

Ik4pkn

• View Profile
Re: Help in finding cause of interruptions
« Reply #2 on: 2019-12-26, 23:02:08 »
Same here :((
Hi all,
I am experiencing interruptions in my remoterig connection. I notice it mostly by interruptions in the audio (everything from 1 second to ~20 seconds). But also if turning the VFO the radio may become unresponsive for a while. And somethimes the interruption is so long so that the timeout error tone starts. The problem is erratic, sometimes it works flawlessly for an hour, but usually there are interruptions every minute.

While it could be a configuration error somewhere, I highly suspect my internet connection, but I find it very hard to track. A little bit about my setup:

I am using RRC1258 Yeasu TWIN with 2x Yeasu FT2000
On my control-QTH I have a fiber 1000/100 Mb/s connection (getting about 800Mb/s down and 100Mb/s up at speed tests). The router is a Linksys EA9500, and I run a 5GHz link (with Ubiquiti Nanobeam M5) between the house and my radioshack (about 20 meters). In the shack I use a TP-link 5 port gigabit switch.
On my radio QTH there is a 100/10 Mb/s fiber connection, run through a Linksys WRT54GL router, via a 5GHz link  (Ubiquiti Nanobeam M5) to the radio (about 50 meters). A TP-link 5 port gigabit switch is used on the radio site as well.

I'd be very grateful for tips on how to track the error (obviously I have checked 5GHz QRM with the Nanobeam's Airview tool, but it seems fine), and I have some questions:

1) Is there any way to analyse the radio-site connection remotely?
2) Are there any tools to analyse the datastream? I mean to try and see what sorts of packets are lost, and if it's possible to see where they get lost?

73 de SM0UXX Erik