Author Topic: RRC Micro 1274A  (Read 5056 times)

aj1y

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC Micro 1274A
« on: 2020-01-11, 03:19:01 »
When I try to connect to my rig using the Remoterig PC Client and the 1274A, it does not connect and I get a message in the line where I see the DNS server name that says "Busy Here."

1. What does that tell me?

2. How do I fix the problem?

Thanks,

Joe

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC Micro 1274A
« Reply #1 on: 2020-01-11, 06:23:06 »
Joe,

I don't think you gave enough information to determine your problem.

Lots of people confuse DNS server and dynamic DNS server. Are you referring to the SIP contact
field, or the actual DNS server address? I don't believe there is even a way to enter a DNS server
address on the Micro PC Client.

What kind of radio is it? Is the radio RRC working fine when connecting with a control RRC? Is the
control RRC disconnected?

Any further information you can provide would help.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

aj1y

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2020-01-11, 08:11:17 »
Mitch,

I was not very clear about what I experienced.  Let me elaborate a bit.

By way of backgroud, before ileft my QTH I made several  contacts on my wifi. After I left home, I connected once from my remote location and everything appeared to be normal while receiving.

This morning when I went to connect,  I opened the Microclient software just as I did 2 days ago.  After I click on the connect button, on the first line of the client software window next to the buttons where it usually shows the remoterig server name it displays the server name for several seconds.  After that it shows the message "Busy Here" and never connects to the radio. 

The setup is K3 with RRC at the QTH.  At my current location, I am using the RRC micro dongle (1274A).  The computer is a PC running Windows 10.

Does any of that help to diagnose the problem.

Thanks,

Joe

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-01-11, 11:13:45 »
Hi

Busy means just as it says that the Radio-RRC you are trying to connect to is allready connected to an other client. If it's not the case a Reboot of the Radio- RRC may help

73 de mike

aj1y

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2020-01-11, 11:45:10 »
Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. 

How do I do that?  If I were at the QTH, I would know exactly what to.  While I am remote, I  am not sure exactly how to access and login to the RRC  at my home QTH so as to be able to restart. 

Thanks for the help!

Joe

aj1y

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2020-01-11, 15:46:14 »
I now see how to restart the RRC at the QTH remotely.  That solved my "Busy Here" issue.

I can connect and when I do, there is no green bar under the connect buttons.  The message that comes up when I hover over that bar is that if it is not green then packets are not coming fast enough.  What adjustments can I make to the audio settings so as to get the packets coming in fast enough?

Thanks,

Joe